How Do I Wash My Truck Indoors

koopatroopa

well i took my truck out for my girls b-day. it used to be locked up for the winter, and 03mass brought up a good point that i need to wash it after. but its below freezing and if i take it to the gas station or washing station i have to drive it back so its kinda counterproductive now my garage has no drains (except for the door) i was wondering if anybody else has made this mistake and what i should do should i just take a bucket with some car soap and wipe it clean because then i wont get the frame or really anything except for the body panels...

You could use a bucket with soap, and water. You will not be able to spray it off though. You will end up ruining the sheet rock.So you would have to use a sponge with water to wash soap off. BUT you still run the risk of getting the sheet rock wet at the bottom.

I say suck it up, take it outside,wash it, get frost bite on your fingers. Call it a day.

There are a couple waterless washes available also.I think Adams makes one...

Edited by eeekroar (see edit history)

He is what I would do.

Go to adams polishes.com and If it is not to dirty you can use the waterless car wash. Then follow that up with some detail spray. Order all that first

Go to a brushless car wash to get most of the heavy stuff off. Get the truck home and park it in the garage to warm up a bit.

Then use the adams products

Then post pics

I use to drive mine out back to my yard and wash it in below 20 degree weather with snow. Your hands will take a severe beating. Lucking I had 2 hose outlets installed in my garage next to my truck and have drains and a slight slope to help drain the water however, their is always water left over. I pull my truck out where there is only snow, no sand or salt and just broom the water out. Perfecto!

He is what I would do.

Go to adams polishes.com and If it is not to dirty you can use the waterless car wash. Then follow that up with some detail spray. Order all that first

Go to a brushless car wash to get most of the heavy stuff off. Get the truck home and park it in the garage to warm up a bit.

Then use the adams products

Then post pics

Adams waterless car wash is awesome but they suggest that you only use the waterless car was after the vehicle has been polished and waxed.

If your dead set on washing inside I would get 2 buckets both with grit guards and 2 mitts. 1 bucket soapy water other plain water. Wash with mitt n soapy water and then the other mitt rub down with plain water for the rinsing effect then dry. It wont be perfect and you risk swirls but hey you do what you gotta do.

if its not too slushy out and the roads are clean/dry. take it to the car wash. clean it up, then park it in the garage and let it melt and dry then look for dirt, but it should be reasonably clean. i've taken my truck to town, washed it and drove home on a nice -15C day in winter and when i got home it was still clean!

good luck!

Hey man I still wash my trucks outside in Alaska's winter, and it's been below 0 a lot lately. Basically I dress really warm with gloves on, run it through the wash, and I make sure to use one with the blow dryers at the end. Then I park very fast, jump out with 2 big towels and have at it, I usually get most of the water off before it freezes. I also make sure the cab is really warm before I wash it so the water on the windows and windshield don't freeze as fast.

Temp shouldnt be a concern, you might have to go panel to panel and like NashSS said get 2 buckets to get that sand and other grimey crap off your wash mitt. I usually have 2 hoses going, one with hot water one with cold. hot washes the mittt and takes teh sand off well. The cold is to wash each panel and then I immediately wash/scrub it, then hose it down again then dry it immediately so no ice forms.

edit - regular waxes and details should also help the sand wash right off, salt is a little tougher.

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

Man you guys are bringing back old memories of freezing my a$$ off keeping a vehicle clean. Cant say as I miss that at all...move south and no worries anymore. pepsicheer.gif

You all knew there was gonna be at least one post like this...right??? laugh.gif