Intermittent High-Beams

StockSS

So my high-beams only work when they want to (about once every 3 months). I checked my bulbs - they are good. I checked and swapped my high-beams relay - it is good. I'm starting to think the wiring harness connecting the lights to the electrical panel is bad. I get no voltage to the lights when I engage the high beam switch in the cab. I can hear the relay switch when I engage them but no lights. Any suggestions?

I had this problem in my 94 gmc. Replaced the whole high beam switch/blinkers. That whole piece and it solved the problem

Sent From My Droid X on Vortex

Thanks, I'll look into what a switch cost.

yeah bro chek the fuses when i install mi hid kit i dont diconect my battery and all my high and low beam dont turn on i changed the bulbs and nothing so i change the fuse and they work :D

the same thing on the DRL and turn signal light and was the fuse

Edited by SSclone05 (see edit history)

• 8 months later...

yeah bro chek the fuses when i install mi hid kit i dont diconect my battery and all my high and low beam dont turn on i changed the bulbs and nothing so i change the fuse and they work biggrin.gif

the same thing on the DRL and turn signal light and was the fuse

It isn't a fuse.... I know I haven't posted about this topic in a while. I just haven't had the time to mess with this issue, plus I haven't been driving my truck all that much anymore due to gas prices and shitty mileage (01 cavalier is my beater now). I'm going to re-address this issue this weekend though.

• 10 months later...

Update- I had a buddy of mine hook up a tech II to see whats up. The switch in the cab is working, the BCM is receiving the signal and sending it to the relay. Relay is energized and the fuses are fine. We checked for voltage at the relay and its fine. It seems the problem is in between the fuse and relay connection. We jumpered that connection and viola, the high beams came on. So that told up the problem is within the fuse block. I pulled the fuse block out but I cant figure out how to open in to correlate what pins connect where. Anyone know how?