Ford Lightning

surfssup95

I raced my boys Lightning last week. He's pully swapped and has a CAI. I obviously destroyed him. For those of you that don't know I bought "Rice Eater's" truck and am supercharged. After the race he had the nerve to say that the race wasn't fair because I'm supercharged LMAO! Only thing I could do is laugh. I told him he prolly sounds like I would've sounded if we raced and I was stock. Good times!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I raced my boys Lightning last week. He's pully swapped and has a CAI. I obviously destroyed him. For those of you that don't know I bought "Rice Eater's" truck and am supercharged. After the race he had the nerve to say that the race wasn't fair because I'm supercharged LMAO! Only thing I could do is laugh. I told him he prolly sounds like I would've sounded if we raced and I was stock. Good times!

congrats, i was after that truck, but looking into another now. :thumbsup:

And GMC, that Raptor is dayum beast eh! I want one but just 2 SS trucks are ony my plate.

I had a 2005 F-250 power stroke. It was great for certain things like towing and plowing snow. However, a lot of parts from that year were recalled. My egr valve sensor went out.....twice. Fuel Pump went bad, heat stoped working, my glow plugs went bad after buying new ones, 4 wheel drive would lock up.....I mean just on and on....And money and money.....I told my wife, " Ill quit smoking if you let me get my dream truck and get rid of this dumb truck." Here I am now...haha. On a SS forum.

Very true with the issues, my boss owned a chevy dealership since he was 19 and sold it 10 years ago. He went straight to Ford, they have their problem but with proper maintenance they will be fine such as plugging the battery into a heater to keep the engine cool and you will have no go plug problems. Little things like that people ignore and their truck goes to shit.

Sorry to hear of your troubles buddy with the F-250. I just know we got T-boned about 3 times and that truck could still tear apart my SS into pieces no question.

HAHA..YESS!! first kill story from the ol truck!!...not fair?? thats priceless id say its not fair because hes 1000 lbs lighter haha

my main problem with ford is the interior is like sitting on a park bench. i dont care if its cloth or loaded leather there just not comfy like the chevys.

i cant talk alot of smack about the raptors because i do love the idea of them and actually some what considered one to tow my long travel sandrail around with but there still big money and not worth it to me. and im pretty happy with my newer sierra denali and i know its faster :P and wayyy more comfy. OHH and i dont have to worry about the frame bending like the raptors seem to be doing..but i guess ford guys probly think its cool that there cab and bed can touch haha

i would have loved for GM to come out with an answer/compation for the raptor i would buy one for sure...but thats NOT going to happen

Well i guess that im a minority here, ive had two fords, a mustang and a lightning, and i loved them both. But the lightning is definitely not a family truck, not meant for towing, and mine got really crappy gas mileage. I would have kept it if it werent for the 12mpgs and the no space....let the flaming begin haha

i would have loved for GM to come out with an answer/compation for the raptor i would buy one for sure...but thats NOT going to happen

Only if GM would produce the Silverado ZR2 then their might be competition. The Raptor would be faster, but the ZR2 would conquer terrain.

Dayum man, reading about the new owner of your truck makes me jealous, but you know of the plans I hope to complete with another big name truck on the site :chevrolet::pepsicheer:

HAHA..YESS!! first kill story from the ol truck!!...not fair?? thats priceless id say its not fair because hes 1000 lbs lighter haha

my main problem with ford is the interior is like sitting on a park bench. i dont care if its cloth or loaded leather there just not comfy like the chevys.

i cant talk alot of smack about the raptors because i do love the idea of them and actually some what considered one to tow my long travel sandrail around with but there still big money and not worth it to me. and im pretty happy with my newer sierra denali and i know its faster :P and wayyy more comfy. OHH and i dont have to worry about the frame bending like the raptors seem to be doing..but i guess ford guys probly think its cool that there cab and bed can touch haha

Yeah he was a good sport about it. You should've sold me this truck months ago! Now I have to look at it sit in my garage all winter.:M16:

So you have an SS now right? What made you go from a Lightning to an SS, just curious?

Well i guess that im a minority here, ive had two fords, a mustang and a lightning, and i loved them both. But the lightning is definitely not a family truck, not meant for towing, and mine got really crappy gas mileage. I would have kept it if it werent for the 12mpgs and the no space....let the flaming begin haha

my brother got a 99 lightning just before i started to install my radix. he always bragged and said his was faster until i got the radix installed. he took a ride in it and after he felt it pull with the awd and all the tires spinning, he hasnt said a word since lol. ive always like the styling of the lightnings but they have nothing on a sss

I loved these. Only because they were pieces of shit and always broke down. Made me a lot of money

:pepsicheer: Glad to hear you made bank off those, I know my boss was also having maintenance done weekly to his but he owned an Aamco so it was nothing....now I just have to get one of his 80es that is laying around, or wait to see if somehow can get the paddle shift allison (85e?)