Ford Lightning

surfssup95

:pepsicheer: Glad to hear you made bank off those, I know my boss was also having maintenance done weekly to his but he owned an Aamco so it was nothing....now I just have to get one of his 80es that is laying around, or wait to see if somehow can get the paddle shift allison (85e?)

the Allison is not the 85e, and the six speeds Allison has tap shift available. there are retro kits for the 5 speed, and even a kit to unlock the 6th gear in the 5 speed Allison....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true with the issues, my boss owned a chevy dealership since he was 19 and sold it 10 years ago. He went straight to Ford, they have their problem but with proper maintenance they will be fine such as plugging the battery into a heater to keep the engine cool and you will have no go plug problems. Little things like that people ignore and their truck goes to shit.

Sorry to hear of your troubles buddy with the F-250. I just know we got T-boned about 3 times and that truck could still tear apart my SS into pieces no question.

WAT?

the Allison is not the 85e, and the six speeds Allison has tap shift available. there are retro kits for the 5 speed, and even a kit to unlock the 6th gear in the 5 speed Allison....

Thank you CHP, I am still learning about the allison obviously. I just want the paddleshift version down the line. Thank you for clarification sir. :pepsicheer:

WAT?

I am not a diesel mechanic, but you plug the truck into an outlet or heater and it keeps the truck ready to start right up in the moring with no issues at all in the dead cold winter. Sorry I didnt get the terminology right.

Do you know the correct terminology?

Are you refering to a block heater?,cause if i plug mine in the next morning it starts like i had just driven it for and hour, the block and fluids are all set to go and nice and warm.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Edited by kissfans03ss (see edit history)

Are you refering to a block heater?,cause if i plug mine in the next morning it starts like i had just driven it for and hour, the block and fluids are all set to go and nice and warm.

Wow that's cool I never knew that.

Yes sir, that is indeed it. Thank you very much.

Thank you kissfan03ss, hope to meet you at LVD. :pepsicheer:

I had a Lightning that I basically bought to flip. I had it for about 6 months. It was a fun truck while I had it. In comparison though my opinion is that the SS is overall the nicer truck. The interior is much nicer and the AWD option sets it apart IMO. If the SS came from the factory with a blower light the Lightning I don't see many buying the Lightning over the SS.

Wow that's cool I never knew that.

Block heaters = WIN! esspecially when it gets so cold you can pour propain out of the bottle and watch it pool on the ground in liquid form :shakehead:

Edited by canadianVRss (see edit history)

Well said Joker.....

I had a Lightning that I basically bought to flip. I had it for about 6 months. It was a fun truck while I had it. In comparison though my opinion is that the SS is overall the nicer truck. The interior is much nicer and the AWD option sets it apart IMO. If the SS came from the factory with a blower light the Lightning I don't see many buying the Lightning over the SS.