Plasti Dip Pics

rickyrick562

It's an adhesive rubberized coating you can either spray or brush on clean surfaces without needing primer. It's removable and does not harm the surface underneath. So you can put it on wheels, interior pieces, bumpers, chrome even over paint. It removes by using 3m Adhesion Remover which is also paint safe. Gives people the option of going back to their old look without spending a lot. After years of doing things the "cheaper" way I've learned to just either powdercoat or paint something but plasti-dip is a cheaper, DIY way of blacking something out. I still am wondering how someone will clean their wheels after applying it. Wheel cleaners have degreasing chemicals in them that to me would begin to remove the plasti-dip from them.

http://www.plastidip.com/

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

Here is a small teaseser of what I have done

2011-12-02_13-02-25_272.jpg

I clear Plasti dipped it, then i painted it to color match the dark gray color of the rest of the interior. I have done a few more I will try to get some pics up as soon as i get the parts put back in. I will have to get more of the color match paint before I attempt the door handles

Was going to do my wheels today. I could not for the life of me get the lug nuts off. Tire iron with breaker bar, or my impact wrench could not get them off. I think the last people to put the tires on welded them on, lol. Any ideas guys? Should I just cut them off?

Was going to do my wheels today. I could not for the life of me get the lug nuts off. Tire iron with breaker bar, or my impact wrench could not get them off. I think the last people to put the tires on welded them on, lol. Any ideas guys? Should I just cut them off?

Get a 5' chain link hollow fence pole and slide it over your breaker bar. You'll look funny doing it but it should give you the torque and leverage you need to muscle em off. I did this removing a hub one time and worked good. Or just spray the lugs with WD40 or silicone spray like we do on those damn collector bolts.

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

Get a 5' chain link hollow fence pole and slide it over your breaker bar. You'll look funny doing it but it should give you the torque and leverage you need to muscle em off. I did this removing a hub one time and worked good. Or just spray the lugs with WD40 or silicone spray like we do on those damn collector bolts.

I went over to my moms, and borrowed a huge pipe from my step dad, and finally got them broke free after spraying with liquid wrench.

Super88- What the hell is that? Is that a 75" inch tv, lol?

still am wondering how someone will clean their wheels after applying it. Wheel cleaners have degreasing chemicals in them that to me would begin to remove the plasti-dip from them.

It sounds crazy, but use tire shine on them. It is rubber after all. Just wash em with the pressure washer at a distance, soap then rinse (duh lol), then tire shine it all up.

Heres my rims dipped. FYI if you remove your center caps often, do not even bother putting them on in the first place with plasti dipped rims, you will peel off wherever the cap contacts, and eventually taht will spread into a much bigger hole, then you'll have to re do the rim.

309382_10150789843345176_846990175_20801889_642603_n.jpg