Wtb Cai: Aem Vs. Volant

SuperStock

Hey everyone, I will be getting an intake for xmas. On my last silverado I had the K&N cai and it was nice but hated the fact that you had to oil it and I had to to clean my MAF and the throttle body due to the oil. I want not sure which on of the two intakes I want I have it narrowed dow to the aem and volant. I like the aem bc of it's dry flow filter and the fact it has the 4" tube. I like the Volant bc it is a sealed box and you can add the scoop. I need some help on deciding on whitch intake I want. My plans for my truck are LT headers, tune, FAST intake, 102mm throttle body and a few other odds and ends. Thanks for the help.

I have the volant without the ram air scoop, and to me personally its pretty quiet. I can just barely hear it at WOT. I had k&n before and i prefer my volant by far. Much better design. Just my .02, plus if you want you can get their powercore filter which is a dry filter

Some of the fastest trucks on here are running Volant, so I would go that route. However, I do not like oiled filters myself so you could always order a AEM conical filter to replace the Volant oiled filter. That is my plan unless I go GMPP cai.

edit - I wouldnt go with the Powercore.

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

<br />Some of the fastest trucks on here are running Volant, so I would go that route. However, I do not like oiled filters myself so you could always order a AEM conical filter to replace the Volant oiled filter. That is my plan unless I go GMPP cai. <br />

<br />

edit - I wouldnt go with the Powercore.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

My power core is dry and does not require oil, no issues yet.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk