Will This Work?

so what all will this allow me to use? My Xm radio, the door chimes, the stereo actually turning off when i turn off the truck.., doesnt it allow me use the steering wheels controls as well?

Thats the right one

so what all will this allow me to use? My Xm radio, the door chimes, the stereo actually turning off when i turn off the truck.., doesnt it allow me use the steering wheels controls as well?

Your stereo turning off: Yes

Door Chimes: Yes

Onstar: Yes

Steering wheel controls: No, you will need an adaptor. What kind of Stereo do you have? Hopefully they make an adaptor for your stereo

XM: I think there is more you need to intigrate the factory XM

Check this out. http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=130140.

YOu can also check out Crutchfield and build a system on there and they should be able to help you find out exactly what you need

When I bought my SS i was kinda dissapointed that it did not have XM, Onstar, or Steering wheel controls. But once i decided to install an aftermarket stereo I was really gald i did not have those things. I have added aftermarket XM

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

thank diggerdan.. I should be able to install it this weekend.. Man it feels good to have all that interior stereo fixed since the jacked my sh*t.

No Problem. Hopefuly you have everything you need to install it. Its kinda a pain in the ass to have to install all that extra crap in order to intagrate with the factory stuff. I think thats why so many people just leave there stock stereos in these trucks.

Yeah I know what you mean. I had my nice Alpine deck and Ipod stolen a couple years ago. I put my factory radio in for a while, then I put an older Alpine i had in storage. Now im looking into installing a Pioneer AVH-P4300 and buying a new Ipod. It will be nice to have a cool aftermarket radio again

yeah last time I just had everything done at a place.. and well this time I did everything.. I had to get a new radio cage, new HVAC unit .. I connected everything but the stereo wasnt turning off when the truck was.. so I figured ok I have a brand new optima battery so this should be no problem. Since the install I had to get a jump twice. So I just disconnected the stereo till I get that GMOS-04.