T/A Diff Cover Or Tune?

SuperStock

Im not sure what I want to buy next I want the diff cover and the tune but I can only choose one of them right now. I feel like I dont want the tune because soon I wiil be getting a shit kit and servos and exhaust and e-fan soon not sure if it is worth the hassel of sending it back and fourth. Haha I need some help on deciding.

Well I have everything for the e-fans, because I totaled my 2500hd, so all i need is the servos, exhaust. Oh and I just ordered the volant intake. I guess I just wanna make sure that the trans and rear will be able to handel the extra power first.

then id say tune, WAY more bang for your buck than diff cover, plus you can always run the truck with servo, shift kit and exhaust and cai without it being tuned for it, it helps but its not gonna hurt it. efans are a different story but since u have everything for those to get put on id go for the tune definitely

rear cover with girdle, wouldnt even be a question imo. Yes a tune is the best bang for your buck, but if you get that girdle and cover in the rear diff it will help you hold that extra power and with the horror stories of how some stock diffs crapped the bed rear diff cover and girdle will only help it. You can always tune it sometime when you install your goodies, but if your diff happens to go due to increase in hp, you will be looking at a much more expensive fix. JMO. Good luck with either new mod :chevrolet:

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

Awd diffs aren't as susceptible to go out as 2wd, so I wouldn't be worried about it holding power. Especially without some real power mods like boost, cam, nitrous, etc.

100 % agree

:withstupid: Definitely go with the tune first, your diff will be fine. If it wants to blow, it will do so regardless if there is a girdle on it. The girdle supports the bearing caps, not the differential's guts. The stage you are at in terms of mods, the diff should hold just fine.....

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)