3/4 Djm Drop W/ Wheel And Tires

prestinb

Just wanted to post up a pic of my 2006 GMC 2WD VHO with a 3/4 DJM lowering kit and 22x9 Boss wheels with a +32mm offset running P305/45R22 (33") Yokohama Parada Spec-X tires. I finally got around to installing everything and thought it came out quite nice. My truck has the torsion bar front end even though it is a 2WD. Additionally, with my choice of wheel width, backspacing, and tire size...there is no rubbing. I prefer the ride quality so much better now that I did when it was stock. I feel in stock form it was like driving a cube of jello...if that makes any sense. Anyway, just thought I would post this since most people go with a smaller rolling diameter tire than stock and this is actually 1" taller.

prestinb (Brandon)

Before:

stock.jpg

StockDoorsOpen.jpg

After:

photo.jpg

Now with 5 / 7 -8" with Running Shoes

20151103_162916.jpg

Edited by prestinb (see edit history)

that looks like quite a bit of wheel well gap for a 3/4 drop especially with larger tires. looks good. just thinking it should have almost no wheel well gap with those tires.

are your torsion bars cranked up? what holes did you use in the hangers and shackles?

cfresh138,

I was actually thinking there was more gap as well. After measuring the before and after, it really only lowered me approximately 2/3. I am using the top (farthest hole away on the brackets) holes in both the shackle and hanger...I then dialed in the torsion bars to sit even with the rears. I still have plenty of adjustment on the front to lower it but want it to sit level. It does seem that others with SSs sit lower after the same kit is installed. Is there a difference between VHO and SS?

prestinb (Brandon)

that looks like quite a bit of wheel well gap for a 3/4 drop especially with larger tires. looks good. just thinking it should have almost no wheel well gap with those tires.

are your torsion bars cranked up? what holes did you use in the hangers and shackles?

Update:

Just found out that I will need a carrier bearing relocation kit for my 3/4 drop. I have a 2WD, torsion bars, and a 2-piece driveshaft and under WOT runs, I get a little driveline vibe. Has anyone installed one or have pointers on setting it up properly? Does anyone know the ideal angle?

prestinb (Brandon)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...