Excuse For Driving The Ss

koopatroopa

so i know i should lock up my truck for the winter so it doesnt get all dirty and salty but i just keep on coming up with new excuses to take her out. the most recent one is i just got my ingrown toenails removed (3rd time and if it happens again i lose the whole toenail :() i really tried. i really did,but i couldn't push the clutch down in my sonoma it hurt to much and i wanted to hang with friends. my dad offered his suburban but i said that his gas pedal would be to hard to push down he knew i was lying and said fine but you have to lock it up soon!

does anybody else do that where they know they shouldn't drive it but come up with a lame reason to convince yourself its ok??

I've had three removed. They cut behind the cuticle through the skin, and cut through the nail. Then they took small scissors, and cut down the middle. Then pulled both sides out. My nail has grown back every time, but I have a huge ridge/line down the center. I think it had a lot to do with wearing football cleats, or tight shoes. Nothing sucked worse than going to school, with no toe nail, and EVERYONE stepping on your foot. If you have an injury, everyone is magnetically drawn to it.

Luckily, I can drive mine all year. What sucks is not being able to ride the bike when its below 40ish. I can't remember the last time it snowed down here. Maybe 8-10 years.

For me, I had no choice. Pain was so severe I couldnt drive and didnt want to risk any chance of sraping the truck or any mishap whatsover, leg motion was affected in both legs and cant explain the plain, stop you in your tracks.

After having the choice to put it on the road I said no, not driving it in the snow or salt and keep the miles off. I guess I just learned serious self control over this truck, kept it stock since 05.....one thing i did learn was adding 30k miles when I could have driven another car was the worst mistake I did with this truck, I could be under 50k miles but instead Im over.

Thats the way I think.

I've had three removed. They cut behind the cuticle through the skin, and cut through the nail. Then they took small scissors, and cut down the middle. Then pulled both sides out. My nail has grown back every time, but I have a huge ridge/line down the center. I think it had a lot to do with wearing football cleats, or tight shoes. Nothing sucked worse than going to school, with no toe nail, and EVERYONE stepping on your foot. If you have an injury, everyone is magnetically drawn to it.

Luckily, I can drive mine all year. What sucks is not being able to ride the bike when its below 40ish. I can't remember the last time it snowed down here. Maybe 8-10 years.

like they removed the whole toenail?

because what you just explained sounded like what i have gotten and the way my doctor explained what he will do if it comes back is take my whole nail off and acid it all up.

....cant have ingrown toenails with no nail

and yes i totally agree i mean people don't even know and it just seems like everybody seems to step on your toes so tomorrow i am whippin out the steel toed boots just in case

Yeah, they took the whole thing out. Not exactly sure why he didn't just cut the corner out, but every time he cut all the way to the cuticle then pulled it out. The last time it was nasty as hell.It was oozing puss, swollen. I said I would loose my leg before I went back. I finally went when the puss started turning a greenish color.The second time the numbing medicine he gave me did not work. They gave me full syringe, then started, I screamed, and said give me more. I got a full second one, and he went out of the room for couple minutes. I said to nurse, I think I'm going to puke. Threw up.

He came back in started. I said I give me more numbing medicine. The nurse said I can't have anymore, that my lips were turning blue. So I just had to suffer. My mom works at that doctors office, and said other people complained about that medicine not working within the last few days.

Try another foot doctor if it starts again.Try not to wear Converse, or skateboard shoes like DCs/Etnies/Adios/ETC. I stopped wearing them, and haven't had problems since.

An old teacher of mine said if you get your feet manicured or whatever that they'll fix it by cutting it a certain way so it doesnt grow out to the side anymore. I always clip the top over to the side of toenails when it starts hurting. Either way gl on the fix

Edited by La SS (see edit history)

....but skate shoes are so comfy :( what makes those make me have ingrown toenails?

you dont think your lips were turning blue from the pain?

All the thick padding in them that make them so comfy, also make the shoes tight. You could just be more susceptible to in grown nails. Some peoples nails are more rounded. Does anyone else in your family get them? Do you play sports? Once it heals to the point of no open wound, you can soak your foot in hot/warm water with epsom salt. It will draw some of the infection out. Also, one your nail starts growing back, soak it a few times a week, because when it's growing back you are at more of a risk of developing another one.

My problem was wearing skateboarding shoes,converse,and cleats. I was in them all day at school, either went to skate after school, or to a friends, so I would not take them off until late at night. The last two times, I did not play football anymore so it was defiantly from the shoes I was wearing. They were not to small, I always had a thumb length between toes, and tip of shoe. They are so thick to protect your feet from skating, that it just squeezed the hell out of my feet.

Edit- I don't think so. The nurse said I couldn't have anymore medicine because they gave me as much as they could. I turned pale, and sweaty.Then they said I turned green before I got sick. My mom was in there every time until they started cutting. She couldn't handle all the blood.

Edited by eeekroar (see edit history)

I had 2 ingrown toenails, on each big toe. Reason was I played soccer 6-7 days a week and was goalie so kicking the ball over half the field or drop kicking it, wreck the skin. Another big reason, and also is the biggest cause of ingrown toenails is unproper trimming/clipping. Always clip from the front, never side. I had half my toenail removed on each procedure, no problem ever since. Not playing soccer anymore though. I wear steel toe boots year round except on hikes where I have New Balance shoes. What type of dr you seeing for this? Ortho? Podiatrist? Make sure its a podiatrist, you wearing skate shoes has probably dropped your arch and screwed your proper ankle alignment up. You might want to get orthotics, you would be surprised at how bad posture will screw your whole body up.

I dont have to come up with an excuse to drive my SS because its my Daily Driver and I have to drive it in the snow and rain. Luckily we dont use Salt out here in Oregon but we do use cinder rock and it creates rock chips.

Hopefully by next winter I will have a winter driver/ hunting rig so I can park or store the SS

I think this is the weirdest post I have read so far lol laugh.gif

agreed

I would bum rides rather than drive my truck in bad weather. Specially in winter months. My truck has seen rain once at Nationals in KC but only at the race track and for pictures.

agreed

I would bum rides rather than drive my truck in bad weather. Specially in winter months. My truck has seen rain once at Nationals in KC but only at the race track and for pictures.

iamwithstupid.gif bumming rides is the way to go especially when you live in the rust belt. the roads here are already white its disgusting it even dries out your hands