Ebc Sport Rotors Or Usr'S

Champion201

OK, I'm tired of my drilled/sloted rotors cracking so its time for a change. I've been thinking about going with the EBC's but I'm not sure which ones I should get. According to EBC because I haul my 21 foot bass boat I would be better off getting the Sport Rotors for better stopping power but I've heard that they make quite a bit of noise. Just how loud do they get? Would I do OK with the USR's?

Thanks

OK, I'm tired of my drilled/sloted rotors cracking so its time for a change. I've been thinking about going with the EBC's but I'm not sure which ones I should get. According to EBC because I haul my 21 foot bass boat I would be better off getting the Sport Rotors for better stopping power but I've heard that they make quite a bit of noise. Just how loud do they get? Would I do OK with the USR's?

Thanks

Man this whole "noise" thing with the EBC sports is insane. Look, if you have stock exhaust, windows down, radio off, on a fresh paved "baby butt smooth" road, in a quiet neighborhood and apply the brakes below 35 with your head out the window then you will hear the swish sound. So is it annoying? Well, it might be to you if you brake like I just mentioned all the time. HOWEVER, it does not bother me because those stars never align all at once on a daily basis. Obtuse? Maybe but give the Sports a try they are GREAT!!

Edited by VHO_Tek (see edit history)

Man this whole "noise" thing with the EBC sports is insane. Look, if you have stock exhaust, windows down, radio off, on a fresh paved "baby butt smooth" road, in a quiet neighborhood and apply the brakes below 35 with your head out the window then you will hear the swish sound. So is it annoying? Well, it might be to you if you brake like I just mentioned all the time. HOWEVER, it does not bother me because those stars never align all at once on a daily basis. Obtuse? Maybe but give the Sports a try they are GREAT!!

Thanks, I appreciate your opinion. From the sounds of things I probably wouldnt even hear them.

Mike, if you are worried about the rotors cracking again, get the USR's........not to mention, I think the USR's look better too......

Thanks Dan, I wondered if they would crack just like the drilled slotted ones but I guess anytime you remove metal you make can them weaker. My Baers cracked between quite a few of the holes and in a few places went all the way up to the outer edge of the rotor, something that is not covered under warranty.

• 2 weeks later...

I've put EBC brakes on 2 other cars (03 Dodge Dokota and a 71 Mustang). I couldn't get them to shut up. They just squealed. After going back threw to make sure I didn't miss anything I took em to 2 other shops to get them checked out. The shops said everything looked good and they didn't know why they where squealing. Me personally I'll never use EBC's again. The cracking is a big issue on drilled rotors. If you buy the rotors with the holes and slots cast into them you shouldn't have that issue. Also drilled amd slotted rotors act like cheese graters on your pads. I prefer blank rotors with ceramic pads. The ceramic deals with the heat better and doesn't require all those holes and grooves to disipate it. Low dust of a lighter color that's easier to clean is also nice.