Fuel Pressure Gauge Install

• 2 weeks later...

My boost gauge reads wrong. It stays at 20 lbs when i shut the engine off and worth

less when it's running.

The fuel pressure gauge doesn't work at all. I didn't put these so i have no clue how they are hooked up.

Figure i need to pull the pillar and just start chasing wires.

Ya I haven't hooked anything up yet. I'm still waiting for my fuel pressure gauge to be returned. I actually found a brass plug on the drivers side fuel rail. Called Magnacharger and they said its for a fuel pressure gauge.

Nice day today after work so i did some tracing. Pulled the gauges out of the pillar pod and traced the wires to the fuel pressure gauge. Turns out where the wires crossed the manifolds they were never heat protected. Melted mush now.

The vacuum/ boost gauge still only shows vacuum. From what i see on top the vacuum part is hoooked up correctly. Is there another line that goes to the intercooler? Also from reading online i found this is the cheapest Autometer gauge sold and highly innacurate. It doesn't zero out. Common complaint.

It's winter anyway and i don't have a garage or money for a good gauge. It can wait til summer now.