Turbo Or Supercharger

CJ_978

ok cool, what im looking for is something that i can just take to the track once and awhile, and just power to get a good adrenaline rush.. one of those things when ur buddy is in the truck and says hey this thing quick, and throws them into the back of the seat,.. ya know? what would you recommend

I think its all personal preference. Some guys on here love there superchargers some love there Turbos. I believe Turbos may be slightly less expensive but you are still lookin in the $5K-8k range depending on options and power.

It seems like you could probably get more power out of a turbo if you spend a lot more money but you basic tubo and supercharger kits will habe similar power gains.

Well said diggerdan11...

If ur just looking for the wow factor mp112 sc and a built trans and a custom tune u should be fine it's gana run u more then 5k.but if u wana go crazy like my buddy chase then it's cost u way more.trust me when I tell u after a while ur gana want to go faster

Edited by jgpclone (see edit history)

I would deff think about what you want to do first. When I bought my SS in 04 I started modding right of the bat. I was also working on my 70 chevelle at the same time and the car has sat ever since. I bought a procharger first had it sold it, got the truck tuned and then I bought headers and fans a while back. I wanted to have a fast SS, but when it came down to it the WOW factor is sitting in my "BLOWN" bbc chevelle. And what I should have done in the first place is built the trans.

I know your SS is an 05 but they are getting old. But good luck on your decisions and post pics.. This is just my .02.

Hey you ever take the cutlass to the summer nats in worcester????peelout.gif

how manmy miles do you have on your truck? You have to be carefull adding f/i are trucks at a certain milage.

You need to clarify more what you want. How many times you going to the track? You worried about tuning? Some systems are fidgity and require dead on tuning, those are the ones usually putting out more power. The mp112 is a great supercharger and with the right mod setup will have you knocking on the 11 second 1/4 mile door as one members truck was. He just sold his truck and had a 12.1 1/4 I believe. If money is no issue shit just go big with the 4L80 and Procharger.