Socal Mechanic

cscottamos

Hey guys -

Just looking for mechanic recs in the santa monica / culver city area for my SSS. Haven't had to really do anything besides oil changes and brake pads yet, and it's all been thru CarMax, where I bought my truck, so I was just seeing for future reference if any of you know a good place to bring my truck.

Thanks!

Are you a mechanic? Or a parts exchanger? I've done all my work on my truck and I'm gonna install a turbo on my truck and I wouldnt consider my self a mechanic, sometimes it's a good idea to bring it in, when they have lifts and all the right tools, just saying on my word of advice

Way too busy with work to do anything on my own to the truck unfortunately. Just general servicing and checkups - no immediate projects at the moment. Just easier for me unfortunately.

As far as a mechanic in the 818 - I'd much rather find somewhere so that if I had to drop it in the morning I'd still be able to get to downtown santa monica soon after...

good prices and trustworthy are what I'm lookin' for though...

I'm the only person who gets to put his hands under the hood of my truck. What do you need a mechanic for anyways?

I can understand you not having the time. And cars have come along with all the onboard computers and sensors, they can be pretty overwhelming . But, it is so much cheaper to do it yourself. I also know it sucks if you don't have all the right tools. Some people have a false sense that the mechcanic shops or dealer mechanics know everything and are near perfect. I worked with a Dodge dealer mech and a Mercedes dealer mech. They would tell me are the F**Ked stuff people would do to customer cars. And I have helped them when they have problem. By no means I'm saying I the best mech in the world. I have just work on allot of cars, helicopters, and hydraulic benches.

1324749886[/url]' post='820285']

I can understand you not having the time. And cars have come along with all the onboard computers and sensors, they can be pretty overwhelming . But, it is so much cheaper to do it yourself. I also know it sucks if you don't have all the right tools. Some people have a false sense that the mechcanic shops or dealer mechanics know everything and are near perfect. I worked with a Dodge dealer mech and a Mercedes dealer mech. They would tell me are the F**Ked stuff people would do to customer cars. And I have helped them when they have problem. By no means I'm saying I the best mech in the world. I have just work on allot of cars, helicopters, and hydraulic benches.

All makes total sense. I just came from a pretty small town back east where the mechanic at the local gas station was trustworthy and honest...and I found a guy out here for my previous car, a Volvo. Just wanted to see if anyone knew of that around here specific for Chevy trucks.

I definitely realize the pitfalls of the mechanics that are looking to screw you over...I've experienced that with trial and error...

Another problem for me is space. I got street parking at my apartment, no garage to conveniently keep tools, or no driveway to do work. Otherwise id be a hell of a lot more prone to doing stuff myself.

Damn LA. Have to escape at some point...ha ha. Thanks for the advice

Well, I didn't know any good mechanics out here. And I have been there with the apartment. If you feel like doing the work yourself, or need help, or feel the local mechanic screwing you let me. I have most of the tools the dealer has.

Sweet - appreciate it man, thanks a lot. Will let you know how my pursuit goes, ha ha

Well, I didn't know any good mechanics out here. And I have been there with the apartment. If you feel like doing the work yourself, or need help, or feel the local mechanic screwing you let me. I have most of the tools the dealer has.