Overdrive?

Well if you driving right now and posting on the internet your doing something illegal or pulled over for bathroom break

How many miles you have on your tranny? Would you have say you are an aggressive driver? Is this the first time and try shifting done to third and then back up I have seen that fix it sometimes

• 3 weeks later...

I'd have to ask even though it may seem silly, are you not getting overdrive or not getting tcc lockup. Most of the time I see a post of this type it turns out to be an issue with no converter lockup. If you are getting a check engine light that can keep the tcc off. If you have a missfire at all that the computer see's it can keep the tcc off. If you had a mail order pcm done and didn't use your original pcm and then didn't have the crankshaft variation learn performed you can also have tcc issue's since the pcm can pick up a missfire condition that isn't actually occuring. Just some stuff to check.

I am not getting any check engine lights. Today again I was driving about 73 mph and I hear the engines rpms raise some. So I observed that the RPM's were around 2300 when they are usually around 2000 when at 73mph and in overdrive. I gave it a little push on the gas pedal and the rpms climbed alot faster then they would if it was in overdrive. Then the truck went back into what I believe is OD. I know every once in a while when I would start my truck it would jerk a tiny bit like it was stuck in gear or something. I am not very mechanic wise as you can see by my posts. So could it be the TC? or if anyone is in the Salisbury, MD area and wants to go for a ride and see for yourself?

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got the truck looked at and of course they could not reproduce the problem. The mechanic was cool and stated that it sounds like the torque converter could be going bad. Anyone know a decent shop on the eastern shore of Maryland or Delaware to do the work? And anyone recommend a decent TC that wont break my account?

Finally got the truck looked at and of course they could not reproduce the problem. The mechanic was cool and stated that it sounds like the torque converter could be going bad. Anyone know a decent shop on the eastern shore of Maryland or Delaware to do the work? And anyone recommend a decent TC that wont break my account?

Have you tried another dealer in your area? Did they keep it overnight? Please feel free to contact me for more assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, Chevrolet Customer Service.