Future Upgrades To Truck

Hi, i am pretty new to the SSS group. I just recently bought my black 03 in July with 68xxx and currently has just a tick over 72k. I am planning on upgrading some stuff in the spring, or as soon as i can get some funds together. I plan on doing the simple bolt on mods, exhaust, cai, maybe a tune since i will be using it just to cruise around and pull my race car. I have a couple ideas for some exterior mods and wanted to get some ideas of what you all thought.

For the bowtie i definately want a 454SS style bowtie. Black with the red/orange outline, but i cant find anyone that makes, or sells them to fit these year trucks. Anyone know?

The grille i am not sure if i want to keep the stock grille and black it out like ThatTallCanadian did or to get an aluminum black one like 907BlownSS has. Or maybe color match it (silver) to the wheels and brake ducts?

I also want to do the hockey stick stripes exactly like DGIEPSS but i cant find anyone that sells them.

My other thought was to completely murder it out?

I am almost positive i am going to eventually black out the stock wheels. So that would screw up my original color matching idea. I am kinda torn on what to do. If i go with the silver hockey stick stripes it would match the brake ducts and nothing else when i powdercoat the wheels; unless i paint the grille to match it. Or if i do decide to murder it should i maybe go with a flat black hockey stick so it looks almost ghost? Or should i go out and buy two more black trucks and do all three? :) lol

Thanks

Tom

these trucks look amazing all blacked. well they look awesome almost anyway actually. you can pick up the hockey sticks here

http://www.ridergraphix.com/silverado.html

make your own bowtie but i dont think itll look that good. jmo. happy modding

Edited by Millersss (see edit history)

Thanks for the link Millersss. I like those stripes, but DGIEPSS has a stripe that goes all the way to the back of the truck and i like that better. I will have to pm him and see who he had do his stripes or stripe extension. But i will definately keep that place in mind.

Welcome to the site. As far as stripes I did ghost burnt orange stripes hood and tailgate  1970 chevelle style. But do what you like and also hide your wallet we will help you go in debt!!!

<div>As far as bow ties look into shopman1</div>

Edited by Sick03ss (see edit history)

Grab a can of spraypaint and roll of tape and black out the grill's till you can afford a black chrome billet or mesh grille. Once summer rolls around I'll be buying a billet grille myself, and cutting out the OEM mesh. IMO I wouldn't color match the grille to the silver of the wheels, that would look kind of stupid I think to be blunt and honest.

For the bowtie, that'd be fairly easy to do on your own, just be very methodical on it, and take your time masking off areas for the stripes you want.

I like the idea of the flat black hockey stripes, there's a few trucks here that are black with the flat black stripes, it's a pretty mean look.

Thanks for the shout out haha.

Edited by ThatTallCanadian (see edit history)