How Many Forum Members Have An '07 Silverado Ss ?

1STTEXAN

The seats in an 07 are 3cm wider, the hood is actually 1/4" higher then 06, the rear end sits about 1/2" lower, the glass is heat tempered in 07 and only tempered in 06, the whole body is made out of aluminum rather then steel in 06 back, and it has sweet ejector seats. Hope this helps haha

Sent From My GNex

Interesting note: dealer KB values on the SS.

Base retail :

No add ons

2007 $22.5k

2006 18.5k

2005 $15.5

2004 $ 17.5k

2003 $16k

The 2006-07 reflect the lack of AWD. Otherwise their price would in the upper 20s +

Was the AWD optional in '05? That would reflect it's low base retail.

:pepsicheer:

I believe 07 classic's were made of the left over parts in an attempt to get rid of all the extra parts and body''s so they could make way for the nnbs trucks. Nothing special from an 06-07 just a different year.

That's what I gather. GM did the same thing in 1999 calling the OBS 99 model a "classic".

I thought the Onyx Black 2007 Silverado SS Classic was just the 100 un-badged DEI SS' that were leftovers (1033 were made, only 933 badged)? Please correct me if I am wrong....

edit- I believe the Canadian plant built 4 SS trucks in 07, then the Ohio plant made some? Ive read conflicting info digging up old stuff. They should have kept numbers on all years instead of just 03-04.

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

I thought the Onyx Black 2007 Silverado SS Classic was just the 100 un-badged DEI SS' that were leftovers (1033 were made, only 933 badged)? Please correct me if I am wrong....

edit- I believe the Canadian plant built 4 SS trucks in 07, then the Ohio plant made some? Ive read conflicting info digging up old stuff. They should have kept numbers on all years instead of just 03-04.

You would think in the computer age of efficiency. They would produce a line of vehicles and keep an exact count.:banghead:

Interesting info. That would explain why I have seen more '07 Intimidators for sale than non. Mine is the only one I have been able to find.

Thanks! :cheers:

Edited by 1STTEXAN (see edit history)

You would think in the computer age of efficiency. They would produce a line of vehicles and keep an exact count.:banghead:

Interesting info. That would explain why I have seen more '07 Intimidators for sale than non. Mine is the only one I have been able to find.

Thanks! :cheers:

Ya the trucks listed as 07 DEI trucks, or Intimidator editions were only for 2006. They had the Intimidator SS badges, DEI wing. The leftover 100, if this is true, cannot be considered DEI SS trucks as they are not badged, just 2007 Silverado SS trucks. Ive seen alot of nnbs/gmt-900 platform trucks try to be passed as SS' or even Intimidators is just someone trying to make an extra buck on something that isnt.

Can you search your VIN number? That should reveal some info, my old boss was able to break down my VIN and get some real specific info on my truck as he owned a chevy dealership.

Ya the trucks listed as 07 DEI trucks, or Intimidator editions were only for 2006. They had the Intimidator SS badges, DEI wing. The leftover 100, if this is true, cannot be considered DEI SS trucks as they are not badged, just 2007 Silverado SS trucks. Ive seen alot of nnbs/gmt-900 platform trucks try to be passed as SS' or even Intimidators is just someone trying to make an extra buck on something that isnt.

Can you search your VIN number? That should reveal some info, my old boss was able to break down my VIN and get some real specific info on my truck as he owned a chevy dealership.

I am sure it's original. I have the original title and full history 1st and only lien etc.

I wasn't thinking DEI.

But 1of 100 is appealing.

I won't be doing more than a CAI and a tune on this one.

I will buy a new ECM for that. Keep the original.safe for re-sale.

I guess I will keep the mileage low too.

Edited by 1STTEXAN (see edit history)

It might be fun for you to try one of the Online sites that can Decode your Vin # . It will confirm a number of things about your truck.

I like other here always thought the 2006 was the last year of the SS, and supect that your truck is no different than a 2006. If you do use one of the sites to decode your vin, Please share the info as we would all love to learn more about our trucks.

Did you buy it New or Used? nice find either way.

Happy New Year

CD

2007 was a model change mid-year, just like in 1999, Chevy/GMC made a "classic" body ((older parts)) and a NEW body style (NBS).... :closedeyes:

The 2006 D/E SS's also have that unique decal inside the left door jam, denoting the truck's limited series #.

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)

Yes there are 07 SSS's. As the body styles transitioned there were still some produced into the early 07 model year. They are identical to an 06 SSS. They were considered the "classic style" in 07 hence the NNBS release.

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

Who ever came up with the OBS, NBS, NNBS moniker is an idiot... why can't we just call them by what they are.... what is going to happen when the next body style comes out... NNNBS. yellow_loser.gif C'mon... and in refrence, I have always liked the OOOBS trucks. And the OOBS medium duty trucks are the shiet!!!!

Who ever came up with the OBS, NBS, NNBS moniker is an idiot... why can't we just call them by what they are.... what is going to happen when the next body style comes out... NNNBS. yellow_loser.gif C'mon... and in refrence, I have always liked the OOOBS trucks. And the OOBS medium duty trucks are the shiet!!!!

I could not agree more! Stupid!