Trading Off My 05 1Ss

timflury

There's a strong possibility that I will be trading off my truck this weekend.

The dealer is Kingdom Chevy. They are located on W66th and S Western Ave. in Chicago. It has 45,000 miles on it and it will have the old, stock Eagle LS tires on it, unless they change them. The truck is in VGC, Onyx Black, all stock, no mods. I added a soft tonneau cover, bed mat and a tailgate liner when I bought it a year ago. I'm going to try to get 18k in trade.

The reason I'm trading is that I have to tow a 30' travel trailer. I would like to tow across country and the best truck to handle the job is a diesel. The SS can tow it just fine, I just can't justify 8mpg when towing.

PM me if there's interest in it.

post-21515-050077400 1325872526_thumb.jpgpost-21515-064424300 1325872550_thumb.jpg

Edited by timflury (see edit history)

:worthless:

Yup, you're very correct. I haven't taken any shots of the truck since like May of '11. A Black 1SS that is in good condition with 45k on it looks just like any other one. :-s.

And I might be trading it in at Matteson Dodge just east of I57 on US 30.

I might even keep it and trade off the wife's car. She likey da SS.

Click on my username if you want a picture.

Edited by timflury (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

I owed 14,700. I got 14,500 in trade. I periodically check http://www.southoakdodge.com and see if they listed it on the net, but I haven't seen it. It may have sold already. I asked the dealer what they were going to try to get out of it, and he said, "somewhere in the mid- $16k range."

• 3 weeks later...

I owed 14,700. I got 14,500 in trade. I periodically check http://www.southoakdodge.com and see if they listed it on the net, but I haven't seen it. It may have sold already. I asked the dealer what they were going to try to get out of it, and he said, "somewhere in the mid- $16k range."

OUCH!!!!!!!! got a 05 with all options and was offered a significantly greater amount by a dealership while looking for a minivan for the wifey. My truck had 64k miles (6 months ago) on it at the time and even the 17,500 i was getting for trade in wasnt enough for me to part with it. IMHO you prolly could have got more for it on a private party sale which would have made someone on this forum very happy. It is what it is and I am sure you did what you had to do given your circumstances. Wheres the pics of the new ride!?

http://autotrader.au...&standard=false

HAHA, I can't believe I found it on a lot down in the Chicago area.

This WAS my truck..... How do I know??? by the tonneau cover, the bed mat, the scratches in the bed, the Husky plastic floor mats and the BRAND NEW tires! The old LSs were pretty wore out when I traded the truck in.

The lot must have bought it from South Oak Dodge or something. I'm considering calling the dealer and findong out how much he paid for it just for giggles and grins.

Not so new guy,,,,, Remember, this is a 1SS, your truck is a 2SS. I was expecting a lot more in trade, but I needed to get rid of the truck even though it was a load of fun to drive and carve corners with.

http://autotrader.au...&standard=false

HAHA, I can't believe I found it on a lot down in the Chicago area.

This WAS my truck..... How do I know??? by the tonneau cover, the bed mat, the scratches in the bed, the Husky plastic floor mats and the BRAND NEW tires! The old LSs were pretty wore out when I traded the truck in.

The lot must have bought it from South Oak Dodge or something. I'm considering calling the dealer and findong out how much he paid for it just for giggles and grins.

Not so new guy,,,,, Remember, this is a 1SS, your truck is a 2SS. I was expecting a lot more in trade, but I needed to get rid of the truck even though it was a load of fun to drive and carve corners with.

was just stating, as long as you are happy. i doubt i will get what i want for my truck, but i wouldn't do it unless i "felt" it was right. regret will always be there regardless what i do cause the grass is always greener on the other side. btw, call em if its gonna put a grin on your face. they left room for negotiation imo cause it's 2012 and only an idiot would ever pay askin price.