Performabuilt Transmissions

That sucks sorry to hear. .....but FLT seems to gave a very good reputation . There are several members in my area that have there transmissions in their trucks and very happy them.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

squintnoeswerdrun.gif they were awesome for me

i know alot of guys that have PB's so idk why they seemed to be crummy with you, but hope everything works out pepsicheer.gif

So I finally got my truck back today and its actually driveable!!!! Wow what a difference the right stall will make lol. I still need to get it tune but am having a hard time getting a hold of Zippy. I still need to send the old converter back and get my $400 reimbursement so we'll see how that goes.

• 1 month later...

I have been updating my issues on PT.net if anyone is interested in seeing the entire thread.

http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/sponsor-feedback-154/performabuilts-customer-service-494920/

Anyways here is what has happened since then.....

So I just wanted to update everyone on what is going on now... I shipped the old torque converter to them on Jan. 20, they received it on Jan. 27th. I received the $400 reimbursement check on Feb.7. So they took a little longer to send me the check and didn't really tell me how I was getting it, nor did they tell me that they inspected the torque converter and that it was messed up. So I'm I was a happy guy I finally got my truck back, trans shifted kinda rough out of first gear but I thought hey its a performance trans. So on Wednesday, Feb. 8th at 5:25 p.m (exactly 3 weeks of driving on this trans) IT BREAKS!!! I was leaving from a light at about half throttle and it seemed like it violently dropped out of gear. And now when it is in drive or 3rd the engine just revs and I don't go anywhere. 1st, 2nd and reverse will let me move just fine. I call frank and he tells me "yup somethings broke". Tells me that I will have to pull it out and send it to him to see exactly what is wrong. So now I have to pay AGAIN to have it pulled out and sent to him. On the up side they are covering the cost of shipping both ways. I asked him how this could have happen with only 3 weeks of driving on it....this trans is supposedly rated to handle 700 RWHP and I'm only pushing maybe 450 to the wheels. All he can say is he has seen 200hp cars break trans that are rated for 600hp and he has seen 1000hp cars with a trans rated for 600hp and they cant seem to break it. I could maybe understand if this happened a year from now....but 3 weeks later!!!! Now my truck (only source or transportation) has to sit for at least 3 weeks while its being shipped and "fixed". At this point in time I have lost all faith in this company, customer service, and its products. Even if they fix it and I get it back I'll have this feeling that I will constantly be sitting on a ticking time bomb that will go off at any minute. I've thought about having them upgrade to a level 3 while they have it and I'd pay the difference but that still doesn't comfort me. I think my best bet is to ask for a refund and hope they will understand that it will be cheaper for them in the long run if they agree. At this point in time because of this company, their customer service and their products my truck has been sitting more than its been running since my supercharger install (which was the first week of December).

Well my transmission finally was shipped out and arrived at Performabuilt on Tuesday Feb. 23rd. Frank let me know that the sprag assembly pretty much exploded inside the trans. He said they are going to replace the converter just to make sure the trans doesn't get put back in with something inside it. They also agreed to upgrade it to a level 3 as long as I pay the return shipping of $150 which I didn't think was a bad deal. I'm crossing my fingers that it gets shipped back out tomorrow but the way my luck as been going with the trans it will probably be out Monday or Tuesday. All in all Performabuilts customer service has been alot better this time around but the true test will be how it performs when I get it back.

Current update:

Transmission was shipped out back to me on Friday, March 2nd. Frank stated they did upgrade it to a level 3 which I guess there is really no way to tell for sure other than just taking their word for it. They built me a brand new converter and I should receive everything on Thursday, March 8. He also didn't charge me the $150 return charge which was cool.

Got the trans in and picked it up on Friday and so far so good. Only unfortunate part is that they had to build me a new converter and this one is a lot looser than the previous one and instead of locking up at 2800 it locks up about 3100. So since I am so done with my truck being down I guess I have no choice but to just deal with it. If the trans ever has to come out again I'll most likely be going with a Precision converter. Sounds crazy but my truck felt faster with the stock converter.

Edited by Silverado777 (see edit history)

Got the trans in and picked it up on Friday and so far so good. Only unfortunate part is that they had to build me a new converter and this one is a lot looser than the previous one and instead of locking up at 2800 it locks up about 3100. So since I am so done with my truck being down I guess I have no choice but to just deal with it. If the trans ever has to come out again I'll most likely be going with a Precision converter. Sounds crazy but my truck felt faster with the stock converter.

my FLT, PI combo has been rock solid for 2 years now with TONS of beatings. i would recommended them to anyone in the market