Cluster Flashing

I just started having troubles with my dash cluster not working. When in park, everything seems fine. As soon as I put into drive, all the gauages start "twitching", and the gear indicator flashes. I drove for about 10 min and all the gauges started working again. The radio said "initilizing" at some point during all of this.

I recently installed a neo gateway. I had trouble removing the head unit since the wiring was hung up behind it. I removed the cluster to access the wiring. Maybe i didnt get the cluster plugged back in properly, or I could have messed up the wiring on rear of radio since I had to pull to get the radio out.

Just wondering if anyone has any insite on this issue.

Thanks

Edited by harriss (see edit history)

Update. I have removed the radio and the extra harness required for the neo gateway . Also, checked the harness connection for the instrument cluster.

I also found out that the gauges start flashing as soon as i pull back on the shifter(the truck never actually leaves park).

I just started having troubles with my dash cluster not working. When in park, everything seems fine. As soon as I put into drive, all the gauages start "twitching", and the gear indicator flashes. I drove for about 10 min and all the guages started working again. The radio said "initilizing" at some point during all of this.

I recently installed a neo gateway. I had trouble removing the head unit since the wiring was hung up behind it. I removed the cluster to access the wiring. Maybe i didnt get the cluster plugged back in properly, or I could have messed up the wiring on rear of radio since I had to pull to get the radio out.

Just wondering if anyone has any insite on this issue.

Thanks

Edited by harriss (see edit history)

yea, the ipod worked. I couldnt get the head unit out enough to unclip the harness so I had to apply a bit of pressure. I thoughly checked the wires in bot harness, and it apprears to be fine.

Did the Ipod work?

Pulling on wires may not have been a good decision

Another update. The problem is definelty intermittent. Now when I put windows up, it happens, but not everytime. I think what is going on is the cluster is initializing. When it happens, all the gauges zero out, and driver 2 is displayed.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Two things you can do to rule out having a faulty cluster.

1) Swap it with a buddy that has a full size GM truck or SUV to see if their cluster acts the same in your truck. If the other gauge cluster does not have the same issue in your truck, then you have a faulty gauge cluster.

2) Remove the gauge cluster. With it still plugged in, hold the gauge cluster with your hands on the ends. With the truck started twist the cluster kind of like you are trying to twist it in half. Go back and forth with this and see if you can reproduce the issue you are having. If you can reproduce the issue by twisting it, yo have a faulty gauge cluster.

I know you said the gauge cluster was repaired already but I have ran into plenty that have been repair but not fully rebuilt. They might have repaired the current issue with didn't make sure you wouldn't have issues in the future.

If you ca