Who Runs There 2Wd Sss In The Snow?

97ss06gxp

Hello all, I am new and live in Michigan, I am looking for a new Daily driver that can tow a trailer if I need and also run in the snow. I am liking the Idea of getting the 2wd option of the SS and getting a nice set of winter tires and some weight in the back of it and calling it a day. How much MPG's are gained with the 2wd model? Also I am coming from a platform that has a glass trans (06' Grand Prix GXP) that is totally random on when it goes, so how are the trans in these? I would probably throw in a shift kit or just beef up the tune in the trans.

I am looking at a 05' Sss in silver burch metallic with 94k mi, looks very clean in and out from the pics. It is at the dealership where the sales manager is close freinds with the family so he cuts us good deals. I am thinking with the clean 99' buick I have to trade in and the deal they can cut me I am thinking they can get it the price down around $11k area.

http://www.877sundance.com/search/search.php?view=details&vvin=2GCEK19N751166306

Lastly Anything else I should know about these trucks?

Thanks - Levi

Hey Levi welcome. I have driven mine in the snow quite a bit and it does just fine even with out weight in the back. As long as you have good tires and take it easy you will be good.

It will do SO SO in 2wd in the snow, depending how much your going through ( 1-3 Inches ), but snow, 2 wheel drive, pulling a trailer... your not going anywhere.

Probably only going to be pulling a trailer in the spring summer fall months, and wont be very often.

Bridgestone Blizzaks. Ran a Z-71 that was 4x4 in 2wd pruposely during a heavy snow storm here 2wd because it was more fun than 4x4 and the Duellers held up great. The Blizzaks will get you around even better, wether you choose to go with just a rear setup or all 4 corners.

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

i do not run my SS in the snow. but i do have a Sonoma ZQ8 and when i had blizzaks it was a breeze, and that was like my first time driving with my licenses. i learned quickly that slow and easy is the way to go. but you may want to "prepare" your truck for the harsh things it gonna threw....just don't wanna see an awesome truck go to waste