Looking To Lower My Truck

Earl420

depends how low your lookin i think a 2/4 drop looks really good , 2" spindles in the front and 2" hangers and 2" shackles for the rear. im sure a more experienced guy will help you out , i believe norcalss sells all the parts you need and has all info also

2 inch spindles or 3" DJM a-arms for the front. I am hearing a lot of good things about the arms. Shackles and hangers in the rear. NorcalSS is very knowledgeable and helpful if you are looking to discuss the pros and cons and help with picking out the best stuff. He sells everything you need also.

Also if you go four out back a c-notch is a good idea. You will also need drop shocks. In front your bump stops (jounce bumpers) will need a trim. The rear bump stops (jounce bumpers) will need to be removed thats if you go 4". Just trim em if you go 2"

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

depends how low your lookin i think a 2/4 drop looks really good , 2" spindles in the front and 2" hangers and 2" shackles for the rear. im sure a more experienced guy will help you out , i believe norcalss sells all the parts you need and has all info also

your truck looks sick wit the 22 rep i been thinking about geting them i have 24 on my truck now it dont ride to bad hows the ride wit the 22 what size tire you running

Used norcals 3/4 drop on 22's, had to use the camber kit to align the truck within factory recommendations but still wasnt quite enough to get it perfect. Lowered it a little more using the keys, had to have both my from cv axes extended because the passenger side kept poping out and busting the whole axle up ( huge headache trying to figure out why it was doing that months after I lowered it ). Ill go take some pictures and post for you guys.

Here we go, some old and some new. Best I can do for right now.

IMAG0054.jpg

IMAG0053.jpg

IMAG0052.jpg

2010-10-31_16-50-16_317.jpg

Edited by Fors (see edit history)

Djm kit is meant to be used with stock keys. Ive never had one that had your issues of popping out here locally. Usually for those guys that want more than 3 inch drop i do spindles/3 inch lower a arms and rear 7 inch flip kit and not one issue to date.

DJM offers upper a arms also which fix balljoint issues/new bushings etc. Lots of timeson guys trucks with higher mileage I end up doing the uppers/lower/shocks so pretty much new front end.

Edited by NORCAL SS (see edit history)

Up front I did use the 3 inch spindles but no a arms, having my cv axles extended didnt cost me but 35 dollars so im sure it was a lot less money and time involved to fix the problem, the only headache I had was figuring out that it was poping the axle out of the joint because I would have thought it would do that on day 1.....not months and months later, also only one side? weird much. Its all good though, wish I could have it aligned to a T though.