New Daily Driver

Holty

I picked this up the Monday after Christmas. Only mods so far are window tint and a Compustar alarm/remote start (Compustar RF-P2W901-SS). Soon will have a Pioneer double-din dvd nav system and K&N CAI, and of course a tune. Other than that leaving it stock. Probably will get a bed cover at some point down the road.

It was on the lot for $26k, it has 59k miles on it. I got it for $22k out the door, including tax, title, etc. So far, i'm REALLY happy with it. I'm reading a lot of people are complaining about the AFM but damn i'm really digging it lol. any comments welcome.

IMG_20120123_143000.jpg

IMG_20120123_143024.jpg

IMG_20120123_143040.jpg

IMG_20120123_143051.jpg

Clean truck, I wish I had even a cheap dd

Btw the afm can mess up (lifters collapsing causing misfire(s)) and cause a big bill to get fixed. just happened to my Dad's truck but at 150k

Interesting, how do you know for sure AFM caused this?

Cause there are 4 lifters that are hydraulic and are controlled by the VOLM, the plastic board under the intake manifold that controls the hydraulics. They eventually get weak and may collapse causing the misfire, and those lifters are expensive and apparently you have to remove the head and have them worked at a machine shop. GM knows about this problem and have a bulletin out about it, I'll see if I can find it when i'm at a computer.