New Remote Start Problems

While my girlfriend and i were out on a cruise, she had my truck equipped with a remote start system as a surprise. Its great but there is one problem, i need to carry 2 key fobs. is there a way to use a GM key fob to operate the remote start and the factory system?

I have this system:

http://www.avital.com/Products/Product.aspx?path=Remote%20Start%20System&id=5004

While my girlfriend and i were out on a cruise, she had my truck equipped with a remote start system as a surprise. Its great but there is one problem, i need to carry 2 key fobs. is there a way to use a GM key fob to operate the remote start and the factory system?

I have this system:

http://www.avital.com/Products/Product.aspx?path=Remote%20Start%20System&id=5004

why do you need both Fobs???? Thats not right you should only have to use the Alarm one and the GM one should be usless. I thinks something was done wrong

why do you need both Fobs???? Thats not right you should only have to use the Alarm one and the GM one should be usless. I thinks something was done wrong

to quote the shop:

"the fully loaded GM trucks have issues when installing remote starts. the system will reset all the settings every time you press the remote start. therefor, our customers use 2 key fobs, one to enter and lock and one to remote start"

to quote the shop:

"the fully loaded GM trucks have issues when installing remote starts. the system will reset all the settings every time you press the remote start. therefor, our customers use 2 key fobs, one to enter and lock and one to remote start"

Never ran into that problem before. I've done lots of gm vehicles. Sounds like they don't know how to install a remote start properly and probably used t taps to. Sent From My GNex

Edited by Millersss (see edit history)

Dude, that is complete BS. I've used Compustar products in every one of my 8 fully loaded GM vehicles over the last 10 years and I have never needed to carry both remotes for them to work properly. The shop you used is either lazy, ripping you off, using crappy product, or just completely oblivious to the products they are installing.

You're spot on about the interface. A PASSLOCK interface module is necessary to properly tie-in to the GM Data Bus & Security systems. The Avital website even references this and states that a "XpressKit Interface Module" is needed for your application.

Edited by Lefty (see edit history)