Front Lights

So I want to mount fog lights down in the scoops, anyone know what brand or style fit nice and clean? Also, im going to do the HID upgrade and want to know how to make it so you have all four when the High beams are on. I saw a post on how to but it kinda confused me, can anyone explain more? Also, there yellow driving lights piss me off. Anyone have and good conversions or way to make them bright and white like headlights?

OEM fogs fit behind the ducts, but you have to make a bracket, there are several threads on all this stuff, should come up in the search

This

Making it so you have all 4 lights on is super easy. All you need is a 50cent Diode from Radio Shack, and you put it between the headlight relays. It works like a champ

Like this:

47155399.jpg

Super easy and works great. I have all 6 lights come on on my Tahoe

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

yeah man i did mine about a month ago.. I was lucky my SS had all the wiring already.. I just had to make the brackets, real easy!:cheers:

Did you also have to buy a relay and hook up extra wiring to the truck? Or did you buy a kit with all the relays ans switches and stuff?

Guys my SS had EVERYTHING.. So I guess you could say plug and play.. all i did was just make the brackets. You may want to look under... I heard a few SS came with all the wiring already. The wires would be black and purple.

Guys my SS had EVERYTHING.. So I guess you could say plug and play.. all i did was just make the brackets. You may want to look under... I heard a few SS came with all the wiring already. The wires would be black and purple.

you had to buy an interior switch right? how else would you be able to turn them on?

Mine has the wiring where the lights would plug in but im not sure if mine has the relay

Yeah Im sorry ( miss understood the question) I had to get that piece as well...but that wire just plugs right in.. nothing extra you have to do!!!!!!

you had to buy an interior switch right? how else would you be able to turn them on?

Mine has the wiring where the lights would plug in but im not sure if mine has the relay

Whats the 6HI mod? And what are the 120 leds? haha. also, anyone have a strong preference between 6000k, and 8000k, or even 10000k? i know they are different colors but what ones appear the clearest brightest white?

Six hi mod is lows highs and drls on all at the same time when on high beam. The 120 bulb leds I got from putco and are a super bright white light in ur drls. I would go with a 6000k hid cause it is the whitest and brightest for a 35watt. This is watt I run in my truck and it is super bright.HIDs are fromDDM tuning

Whats the 6HI mod? And what are the 120 leds? haha. also, anyone have a strong preference between 6000k, and 8000k, or even 10000k? i know they are different colors but what ones appear the clearest brightest white?

6- Hi Mod Could also be Highs, Lows, and Fogs (as is they case in my wifes Tahoe)

The Lower the Kelving rating the more white and the more light output. The higher the Kelvin rating the Bluer the light and the less light output.

This is how most HIDs look although they may be slightly different from manufacturer to Manufacturer

3000K- Bright yellow and not legal for headlights. They work great in fog lights (I also have them in my brights). These are the brightest you can get

4300K- White- these are whar are usually in stock vehicles

5000K Brighter White

6000K-White with nice hint of blue- These are the most popular

8000K-even bluer

10000K- Very Blue

12000K Super blue moving towards purple