My Sss Is Totaled.

Blown 346

That's amazing! How did you take those pix with the camera sitting on the bed cover? JK.

Glad to here you're OK. Little advice, don't sign anything from the insurance company or their lawyers for at least a couple years with those back injuries. I've known a couple people that did or took a settlement and ended up having problems long down the road. One guy had "minor" back issues that turned into nerve damage that is going on 2 years now. I don't mean to scare you, just a warning.

Good luck.

I am happy to hear you walked basically away from the accident. I was in a wreck as passenger into a telly poll at 47mph straight head on into passenger headlight (my side) and head was wedged between windshield and dash and airbag in mouth. Permanent damage to neck in multiple areas.

Your truck proves these are strong, safe frames. Like stated, your health is most important, these trucks are replaceable and with patience you can find the SS you will like. Im glad to hear your doing ok sir. :chevrolet:

Glad you're ok. I know the feeling. Mine got stolen and stripped back in July of last year and I think of the junkyard scenario often. I replaced the SS with a 2011 Ram Crew Cab Hemi and every time my wife and I are driving around in the Dodge, I say to her "Man, I miss my SS". Good luck finding a replacement!

I wouldnt even know what to do. I can just imagine how you felt. I was sick to my stomach, not knowing you took yours etc and that you mighy not get it back. Thanks.... I have already found 4 that im going to go look at. The Arrival blue is growing on me.

That's amazing! How did you take those pix with the camera sitting on the bed cover? JK.

Glad to here you're OK. Little advice, don't sign anything from the insurance company or their lawyers for at least a couple years with those back injuries. I've known a couple people that did or took a settlement and ended up having problems long down the road. One guy had "minor" back issues that turned into nerve damage that is going on 2 years now. I don't mean to scare you, just a warning.

Good luck.

Thats good to know, I work as a Firefighter and am currently on leave of absence due to the accident from doctors orders. I would have never thought ot if that way. If my back goes so does my job. I will take your advice and kep it in my back pocket. I appreciate it.

I am happy to hear you walked basically away from the accident. I was in a wreck as passenger into a telly poll at 47mph straight head on into passenger headlight (my side) and head was wedged between windshield and dash and airbag in mouth. Permanent damage to neck in multiple areas.

Your truck proves these are strong, safe frames. Like stated, your health is most important, these trucks are replaceable and with patience you can find the SS you will like. Im glad to hear your doing ok sir. :chevrolet:

Thanks.

To be honest I was wasnt expecting all of you guys to be so concerned. Its nice to know that the group we have here are people who care and will help out when need be. Also to bring up someones spirits when there down.

I appreciate everyones feedback, joking, and concern. It makes me feel better about the whole situation, and forget about some of the pain Im in. None the less to keep my spirits up when I for surely thought I was going to have a hell of a time finding a replacment Sss.

I will keep all of you guys posted and let you know what happens.

I will be looking at my first replacement Sss tomorrow to see whats out there and be prepared when I get the insurance check. I also added a few more pics. One of which is the ladys 2012 Equinox.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

Sorry to hear/see what happened. :shakehead: Me personally, I wouldn't write the entire truck off just yet until you get the insurance appraisal and a few estimates from some body shops. You'd be surprised the kind of damage that does get fixed......best of luck to you...

Sorry to hear/see what happened. :shakehead: Me personally, I wouldn't write the entire truck off just yet until you get the insurance appraisal and a few estimates from some body shops. You'd be surprised the kind of damage that does get fixed......best of luck to you...

I thought the same thing about it possibly getting fixed, until I spoke with a buddy whos dad owns a bodyshop. He saw the truck today and took one look at the cab being dented in on both sides, and it being pushed outward in front of the bed, and the stance the bed had. He said it would be a loss as the passenger side rear bed sits about an inch lower that normal, and the driver side is pushe dup and in a little over 5 inches. I hope its totaled as im sure it will never be the same if it gets fixed.

I thought the same thing about it possibly getting fixed, until I spoke with a buddy whos dad owns a bodyshop. He saw the truck today and took one look at the cab being dented in on both sides, and it being pushed outward in front of the bed, and the stance the bed had. He said it would be a loss as the passenger side rear bed sits about an inch lower that normal, and the driver side is pushe dup and in a little over 5 inches. I hope its totaled as im sure it will never be the same if it gets fixed.

Yeah most likely he is right the frame is probably bent which sucks and most likely totals it. Good luck in finding a replacement and keep us updated!

Thats good to know, I work as a Firefighter and am currently on leave of absence due to the accident from doctors orders. I would have never thought ot if that way. If my back goes so does my job. I will take your advice and kep it in my back pocket. I appreciate it.

I was out of high school for 1.5 months due to my concussion per drs orders. Keep close watch on your back, I wouldnt wish the migraines I get on my worst enemy.

I was out of high school for 1.5 months due to my concussion per drs orders. Keep close watch on your back, I wouldnt wish the migraines I get on my worst enemy.

Since the accident, I have had headaches every day. Hopefully they go away. Otyherwsie I have two years before I have to sign papers for my injuries if they are still on going.

Little update from today and my stress level increase.

I was told by the other parties insurance that I would have a rental Truck dropped off to me today since I cannot drive do to the pain meds im on until tomorrow. Well that never happened so I cant get to work tomorrow. I was supposed to get a call from the adjuster to look at my truck before he came out so I could meet him and go over the damage. He decides to not call me and look at the truck himself while I wasnt home searching for a replacement Sss. I get home and see the paperwork under my wiper arms covered in dew.

I review them and notice half of the things on the list they want to bend and twist back impact metal bracing and re use it, use recycled parts, and reuse some of the broken stuff like my tonneau cover. To boot they are trying to say my truck had previous damage for the frame being bent etc.... When it has never had an accident since I have owned it brand new off the showroom floor. The damage as of right now without them estimitating the damage inside my trucks dash, totals $8,457.18 without taking it apart and finding more damage underneath.

As I was Looking at 2 Sss and they were both crap. They had leaking oil cooler lines, trans lines, severe rock chips all over the back of the tailgate, and behind the rear wheels, gouges in the paint. The ones tailgate was broken on the right lower corner and came off, the inside door panel was seperated at the lower door pocket and all gouged up, and had the leather starting to flake off the passenger seat.. They lied to me and said they just replaced the intermediate steering shaft. I drove it and guess what clunking I heard? I opend the hood and there was the original coverd in rust. The oil was about 3 quarts overfull. Just for anyone looking the truck was in Palatine at the Toyota delaer off of North Rand Road.

The secong one was also leaking from the same lines, had rock chips all over, the heated seats didnt work, the passenger side mirror wouldnt defrost, the wheels bearings needed replacement as well as the brakes,the trans fluid was black and barely on the dipstick from the leaking trans line, and the suspension was sloppy and way over priced at $19,900. Thats one was in Morton Grove at Athans motors. My day was horrible... the insurance company is giving me the run around. The lady that caused the accident already has a rental, and is getting the brand new car she wants to replace hers. I dont want to get stuck settling for a Sss depending on what I get for my truck...

I just dont think its fair for the lady to put a hault on my life, my truck etc to get what she wants and I have to fight to get a truck in the same shape mine was in before the accident. I figure I should get what I want as I didnt cause this and if this never happened I would still have the truck I always wanted. Instead I have time off work without pay, medical injuries, have to find another truck and worry about how much the insurance will give me and if they will cover the repairs I made to mine etc... I am not saying for my to spend 30K I just want another Sss in the same condition mine was in before and Ill be happy.

Sorry for the book, I had to get it off my chest..... Hopefully my days go better.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)