My Sss Is Totaled.

Blown 346

What A shame. If it does get fixed, You By law have the right to have it fixed any were so don't let them bully you. Make sure its at The Best Shop you can find and that you will be happy with the work. If you are not comfortable getting it repaired you can have them total it with the option to buy back which would end up costing you around $1500 to buy it back. You can easily make that back on the engine or keep it as a spare. If her insurance is jerking you around, call your Insurrance company. There legaly obligated to defend you and make sure you are protected. On specialty vehicals like this you can some times get above blue book value on the vehical because there difficult to replace. Get all your documentation together and try and find a comprable vehicale even if its in another state. Make them pay the difference. You didnt ask for there client to hit you but they are obligated to make it right to pre accident condition and if that means buying a similar vehical from out of state to compensate you then thats what it takes. It will cost them more money to fight you and go to court over this and as much as they want to get out of this as cheap as possible it's usually in there best intrest to settle out of court even if it cost them a little more. Don't back down and document everything!!! Every call with date and time, every different person you talk to regardeing this, Every vehical you look at. Keep records of everything that happens. Also make them understand that this vehical cant just be replaced like a regular truck. These were limiited edition and were only produced for 3 years with AWD. Even though Black is the most common color, a Clean one that meets the same condition standards as yours will not be easy to find even at Top Blue book price.

I hope your feeling better and wish you the best possibly recovery. Don't rush It!!!

Don't let them screw you. I would not let them reuse bent parts and shit. Get a L now or at least threaten to. Only let OEM parts be used to replace parts. Is the frame bent? I thought if it was the thing was totalled out.

The frame is bent but im not sure how bad.... The adjuster that was out here last week took one look at my truck and said the frame was bent by standing next to my truck. Once at the bodyshop, Myself and there apprasier tried closing the door and it wouldnt close unless you basically slammed the driver door. The paper work said for the truck to be on a fram rack and to have 3 hours of pull time to straighten the frame out. I am talking to a lawyer Wednesday.

I thought that same thing, once the frame was bent it was a total loss. The insurance companies dont work that way anymore. It has to be 70% of what my truck is worth before they will total it. They will bend the fram back, re use, and get recycled parts to cut down on costs to fix it as that is cheaper than writing me a check.

As of now the bodyshop still hasnt even looked at my truck as the ladys insurance hasnt sent them a form for them to start to adjust the damage off of the insurancers adjustments of $8,400. Who knows. the insurance company is dragging there feet and seems that they dont care. I have talked to the claim lady once which was last week Tuesday. I have left messages, and my insurance claim guy has left messages and no call back a week later.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

I used to work in the Body Shop industry. As mentioned It's based on the value of the vehical and cost to repair. It take's atleast 70% to total a vehical because the hidden damage could easily exceed the other 30%.Now that doesnt mean It can not be repaired properly. Frames can be replaced and or straightened. 3hrs is standard time across the board to set up a truck, measure, and make some minnor adjustments. They have something called a supplement for additional repairs. The adjustor can only see what is on the outside of the damage and write an esstimate accordingly. The body shop will get paid to remove the damage parts and subbmit a supplement for what can not be seen. for example if the frame has more damage that they can not see or if they take the back door off and find more damage to the internal structure of the cab. Either way there is probally closer to another 4000 dollars worth of damage that cannot yet be seen by the pictures you have shown me.

• 2 weeks later...

well I got a lwayer and hes dealing with everything now. 2 weeks later and i still dont have a check, or know where the insurance towed my truck to. I still own it and they refused to tell me where it was going. Plus my wife and drive by the bodyshop the night before it was towed to see if it was locked as I put the factory radio back in since I removed my other one. They left the key in the ignition and it unlocked. I had the right mind to drive away with it.

Total damages came out $14,000 and they stopped adjusting. The adjuster said it would more likely be in the $16,000 range when they start taking it apart.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

Patience, I just got diagnosed last week with 2 serious issues after 10 years of bs from 4 hospitals, I guess its worse than lupuis but has to do with rib cage and nerve damage. Just let your lawyer do the work, relax, and know shit will be ok. PM me if you need some advice or to vent anytime. I know Ive been going nuts over the past 10 years for certain reasons but i cant say much more. PM me bud, let me know how your doing.