Lq9 Short Block Question

i found a short block with very low miles to replace my blown motor; they told me it was an lq9 short block that came off a 2500 series. i know the top end on this 2500 is different to the top end on the SS. are the short block internals the same? can i used my heads and intake on this block?

instead of replacing the motor with a questionable used or junk yard yard lq9, have you thought about a budget 408 or 403. Don't let the word budget fool you, a budget build motor will put a smile on your face compared to a 6.0l short block. Zippy's build thread documents the parts used on his budget 408, these parts have been tried and true'd by him on numerous builds. It may be worth a call to him to see what price he can get for you and what the total price would be compared to a used, and maybe questionable, lq9 short block.

And as was said above, SIlverado ss/, VHO, denali, escalades have the lq9. the 1500hd, 2500's have the lq4.

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)