Thinking About Engine Swap

Well just wanted to know what you guys thought? Thinking about dropping in a new crate engine. 6.2l hot cam ls3. It makes 525hp and 495lbs of torque.Ive read about it and looks like a good swap. Any iput on do's and dont thanks.

can the 6.2L be swapped directly into our trucks??

If im not mistaken only an lsx 6.2 block can be directly swapped into our trucks....the new ls3 6.2 would need more work because the transmission is controlled by a tcm which our trucks don't have

Edited by 2drchevyss (see edit history)

If im not mistaken only an lsx 6.2 block can be directly swapped into our trucks....the new ls3 6.2 would need more work because the transmission is controlled by a tcm which our trucks don't have

the transmission and engine are completely separate so any engine can be mated to our stock 4l65e or to those who upgrade to the 80e.

any who all , gen 3 engine are a direct swap(ls1,ls6,lq4,lq9) the cam sensor and knock sensors are different on the gen 4's (ls2,ls3,ls7,lsx gmpp block) and need a relocated set of knock sensors and a different front plate with cam sensor and modded harness to work properly , and after having done it the knock sensor dont work as well in the new position on the side of the block.

to the original poster , figure your budget and there may be better options than a crate motor . upgraded stock motor . (stroking , cam and heads will be more power and direct swap )

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)

What about the crank sensor, does the reluctor wheel not have a different amount of teeth between the to gen's? I wanna say 24 for 3rd gen's and 56 for 4th, but I could be wrong. They make an adapter for that...I think.

Edit. I was wrong 58, not 56. Here's a link. http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=834483

Edited by No SS (see edit history)

Idk now that answer. I am gonna do something tho I'm sure I'm gonna drop about 10 grand in it no matter with way I go with it. It's my daily driver but I only put about 150 miles a week on it. I want it to be pretty reliable as well. I want to keep the truck for as long as possible so that's another reason I was leaning toward the new engine.