Need Stock Bose 6-Disc Help

So I went to eject a CD out of my wifes Tahoes 6-Disc. It made a really funny noise and would not eject and the little CD indicator kept flashing. Well sounds like the CD was jammed so I did a little research and it sounds like there are a bunch of little springs that wear out and there is not much you can do about it. I was told to first remove the fuse and reset the CD player, but now it says there are no disks in there at all. But there are 5. So it sounds like Im SOL.

So it should be possible to remove the 6-Disc out of the Tahoe and put in the stock 6-Disc from my SS. They are the exact same stereo. But what do I need to do? Is is just as simple as having my BCM flashed or what? Do ia have to go to a dealership or what?

Hopefully I can take apart the stereo and at least get the CDs out

Yes you need to go to a dealer to have your radio reprogrammed. Once programmed for your wife's Tahoe settings, the vin will relearn...

Or just take your wife's apart, reallign the CD's, power it back up and eject the CD's.

sent from my thunderbolt

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with above. Mine was doing the same thing. I removed it and removed a few screws on the top of the cd player. And I was able to get the cd out. I checked on getting mine fixed as it had the same issues your does. It was going to cost me atleast $250 to fix it, or $600 for a new one from GM unless you have a warranty then its free. I went out and bought a $300 cd dvd and fixed that problem.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)