Brakes And Suspension.

drewmech

Inneed of new brakes and figured I'd put some work in on my suspension while I've got the wheels off. Was wondering if anyone has any expirience with and of the aftermarket big brake kits. Also seeem to behaving some trouble finding performance shocks for this thing. Any ideas?

The search button is your best friend sir.

How much are you willing to spend on brakes is the major question. I plan on doing an 06 front brake upgrade (13 inch rotors) with stock rears (13 inch also) and s/s lines with Motul Brake Fluid. That should help a stock truck.

What are your mods? If your f/i dont mess around and go serious will Willwood, the Z06 vette upgrade (I know someone with a set for sale that are just broken in), or Brembo etc. This is a very common asked question, almost weekly. Search, and give us some feedback sir :chevrolet:

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

I just did the 2005-2007 rotors,calipers & pads.

I used Raybestos rotors, calipers & Akebono pads.

Pleased with the results and the price wasn't bad

$277.49 + tax

FRC11713 right caliper w/bracket

FRC11714 left caliper w/bracket

$36.40 ea. w/ exchange

580279 Rotors

$65.00 ea

Akebono ACT1092 (O.E. supplier GMT 800-900)

$74.69

I went this way because the truck is a DD and I wanted an improvement

using O.E. parts that can be purchased anywhere and affordable.

All bolt on no modifications

The braking is improved, less fade, better pedal feel.

Already had SS brake lines.

I won't use drilled rotors on a DD as I've seen too many cracked rotors on

cars/trucks with them. Slotted only rotors do work well if you don't mind the price.

Hope this helps whatever you decide.

this has helped me tremendously. I was looking at twice the price on OEM Delcos, and you have saved me Hot Rod. Thank you for the PN's and your experience, I dont want or need slotted rotors for the same reason.

I just need to double check that these are 13 inch rotors up front. Thanks to your info my truck will be on the road within a month or two compared to mid summer. And I havent driven since 2008. I sat in the cab today just dreaming when I can drive it again.

Thank you sir. :pepsicheer:

this has helped me tremendously. I was looking at twice the price on OEM Delcos, and you have saved me Hot Rod. Thank you for the PN's and your experience, I dont want or need slotted rotors for the same reason.

I just need to double check that these are 13 inch rotors up front. Thanks to your info my truck will be on the road within a month or two compared to mid summer. And I havent driven since 2008. I sat in the cab today just dreaming when I can drive it again.

Thank you sir. :pepsicheer:

More than happy to help as I've been helped by others on here as well. thumb.gif

You can go to www.raybestos.com and use the online catalog and verify the rotors are correct with images and specs. 56825 rotors are O.E. on AWD SSS trucks. You should be able to buy the parts at or about the prices I listed.

I recommend changing to the later calipers/pads rather than changing the bracket only. The pedal feel /effort is much better. Bigger pad,caliper, rotor = better brakes for a little bit more than replacing the stock parts

That does help quite a bit hot rod. Will definately order up that set up. I agree with you on the drilled and slotted rotors. Have seen way too many cracks ondrilled rotors and pad wear with slotted is a bit aggressive. Thanks.

I just did the 2005-2007 rotors,calipers & pads.

I used Raybestos rotors, calipers & Akebono pads.

Pleased with the results and the price wasn't bad

$277.49 + tax

FRC11713 right caliper w/bracket

FRC11714 left caliper w/bracket

$36.40 ea. w/ exchange

580279 Rotors

$65.00 ea

Akebono ACT1092 (O.E. supplier GMT 800-900)

$74.69

I went this way because the truck is a DD and I wanted an improvement

using O.E. parts that can be purchased anywhere and affordable.

All bolt on no modifications

The braking is improved, less fade, better pedal feel.

Already had SS brake lines.

I won't use drilled rotors on a DD as I've seen too many cracked rotors on

cars/trucks with them. Slotted only rotors do work well if you don't mind the price.

Hope this helps whatever you decide.

Thanks for the info Hot Rod. Great post. pepsicheer.gif