2012 Hot Rod Power Tour

BOB47

Anyone thinking of going? Runs June 2-6. Starting at the GM Proving Grounds in Milford MI and goes to Texas. You can sign up for the "Long Haul" for $80.00 or individual stops along the way for $35.00 each. 1000's of cool cars and trucks and lots of stuff to do. Different vendors at every stop. Myself and Brian(Hotrod Truck) are signed up. I thought it would be really cool to get a bunch of SSS guys involved. Just getting into the GM Proving Grounds is a once in a lifetime thing for most people.

Come on guys, sign up. Should be fun. :driving:

http://www.hotrod.com/powertour/hrdp_2012_hot_rod_power_tour_locations_dates_registration/

Power Tour is a great road trip adventure. If it's not on your bucket list put it on there.

Gm Proving Grounds was not on my bucket list...until now. Never thought I would get the chance to go there as I have been told that you had to know somebody to gain access.

See you in June driving.gif

Wow that sounds really cool! The guy who bought my 1955 Chevy 210 2 door station wagon with a 5.3L in it last year said he was going to take it on the power tour but who knows if he will or not but I thought it was pretty cool that he was thinking about doing it!

• 3 weeks later...

Zippy and I plan to do it in the near future but not yet.

I went to the Power Tour in Muskegon last year and LOVED IT so I'll probably come back again this year.

See you guys in Muskegon!!!!!! Have fun!!

• 1 month later...

My pops and i use to go every year no matter where they had it, it is an absolute amazing time and the vendors are all amzing there. If you do the long haul or just even one or two stops everyone is super helpfull and if your car breaks something ppl will do everything thing they can to help you get back on the road and even give you the parts for free sometimes. By far the best car show i have ever been to and the best part is if you just go there to look at the cars and not enter your own car it is FREE to get in :dbanana:. Just make sure you have a huge memory card or alot of film if you go because you will need it for sure.