Chrome Grill

So Ray has the black tuck with the chromed factory grills and it looks sick! My question is, how do you get the grill piece seperate from the center br and surround? I painted mine silver last spring by taping off the entier center bar but if i get it dipped that makes life a little difficult haha. anyone?

Ray and I both have the chrome mesh insert. These came from the dealer that way, you can probably tape it off and try the chrome paint. Or there is one on ebay for sale.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevy-Silverado-2500-HD-Grille-Chrome-Mesh-Red-Surround-/200301353520?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2ea2e41a30

So i found one that is universal for all the 04 1500's which i assume ours isnt different is it? it the entire thing chromed so i assume i can just take and scuff the center bar and paint it black to match and have the other three lower pieces plated since those come out...

I don't think black surround ones are being made anymore, I've only seen red ones...at least I haven't been able to find any. I think lmctruck.com has some that have the chrome mesh but you have to paint the surround the color you want. See if their part # 39-4167 is what you want. I pray to the "SS Gods" I never hit a deer or get hit in the front end and destroy mine.