Well This Ruined My Night!

CJ_978

so last night my cousin and i go and play some pool at the local billiards and get there around 7 so we go and play and leave around 930 and as im walking to my truck i notice that the front drivers side center cap is missing! so now im pissed i walk around the truck and all of them were there except for that one, i know it didnt fall off cuz when we got there i dropped my keys right next to that wheel and it was there , and im sure im not the only one who checks out their truck every time they get out of it lol, but anyways now im in need of a center cap, if anyone has one let me know! thanks guys

erth.jpg

sdf.jpg

Yeah same shite happened to me when I had my SS. Was $200 from the stealership and around the same from LMCtruck.com. There's also E-Bay but they are replicas. Hopefully someone here has a used OEM for you. Good luck....

Well for one the center cap in the second pic is NOT on correctly, and can easily fall of.

And two....... Good thing you didn't know it was gone while you were playing pool or you could've lost some real money :jester: I'm not saying your lying and that it fell off while you were driving there because obviously you seen it on before you went inside. It just hate to see people bitch when they loose expensive caps because they aren't lined up. People check your center caps! I got my tires rotated and the shop didn't put my caps on correctly either. :banghead: I had to take them off and do it myself.

1.) look at your rim and if the spokes on the center cap are not completely flush on the sides with the spokes on the rim it was put on incorrectly.

2.) take the center cap off with a small flat bladed (standard) screw driver by putting it in one of the small slots ( near the bottom of the cap or top right in the first pic)

3.) notice the little prongs on the back of the cap (they're slightly oversized to apply pressure to hold the cap on), in between one of the sets of prongs there is a peg. The peg goes in to a small slot or recess in the rim to make sure the cap goes on the SAME way every time. The caps on our rims don't just "slap on." they have to be put on correctly.

Sorry, I don't mean to rant or jack your thread, just thought I'd inform you and the rest of the SS guys of this if they already didn't know. Shity luck bro, don't you wish you could find that guy?! :locked02:

ya people suck, and thanks canadianVRss for noticing that cap was on wrong! i didnt realize that! but ya if it wasnt for me dropping my keys near that rim, i prob would of thought it fell off and it would of been my fault, but i just picked one up today at a used parts store in the area, but thanks again guys!!

Be glad they didn't steal your metal valve stem caps...That happens to me about twice a year...and yeah, someone snagged all four of my center caps at the airport parking lot. I was ready to kill when i came home after a 3 day trip 11:00 at night only to find some petty criminal stole my center caps... :mad: