Hey Everyone

2006IntimidatorSS

Hey everyone, been a long ass time since I've been on here. Well I decided to do something with my life for once and I found a cdl school in Wisconsin that I could go to. Class is 4 weeks and you're done. I am done with my cdl class now. I took the cdl class for a class A cdl license and I passed the road test and passed the class. I got a class A cdl license now and I got a job lined up with Schneider National for over the road truck driving. I'm down in Sun Prairie Wisconsin right now at a motel, Sun Prairie is like 10 minutes from Madison. Anybody here live in or around Madison Wisconsin area? It doesn't matter anyway because I'm getting ready to head home. I'm leaving for home here around noon. Well let me know what you all think. I feel kind of dumb for posting this but I wanted to share this with you all. I'll be buying a silverado ss someday soon hopefully. Maybe in a year, I got student loans and bills to pay off first.

Edited by 2006 Intimidator SS (see edit history)

I have my CLD's too and I liked driving OTR for a little while but I hated being out all the time, my dispatcher would screw me and sometimes I would be out for 2 weeks or more so I said to hell with it and came back in the Army,

G/L to ya

Yea I'm really glad I decided to do something with my life, something good. I am heading off to Green Bay Wisconsin tomorrow to start with the orientation and training with the trucking company I applied with. Anyone on here live around the Green Bay Wisconsin area? Anyway I haven't started driving for a company or job yet, but I will soon. I'm going to work hard and try to get all of my bills paid off first so I won't have any debt to pay anymore. I'll keep you all posted. Hopefully we can get together someday and hang out. I'm looking t buying my own Silverado SS someday, but first got bills to pay off.

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone, well I've been driving truck over the road now for just about 3 months and I'm still going with it. I kind of like what I am doing now because not only do I have just a job, but I got a career. That is something bigger and something I never thought I would be able to say someday. But anyway how is everyone doing these days and what is everyone doing these days? I'm sitting down in Indiana right now at a company operating center. Anyone from Indiana on here?

Truck driving is in your blood. I started driving long haul in 1988. I quit driving long haul in 1994 when i went to work for the city. I still hold my class a cdl but now I'm a heavy equipment operator.

I saw a lot of people die when i was long haul.

One that hit me head on. Drunks that aim for 80,000 lb isn't a good idea.