Pitted Chrome, Reserface?

hey guys. the previous owner of my SS didnt take care of the rims, the chrome was all pitted when i bought it and i dont really have the cash to go out and buy new rims for my truck. any tips or tricks to make them not look all shity. it cost alot to have them sandblasted to raw metal and painted? ( will post a pic or 2 in a few hrs when i get to work).

i can scrub them to get the brake dust off but they still look BAD. i dont know, looking for something to make them not look so bad until i can afford to get new

i know im goin to have to get new rims eventually just cant swing the price yet cuz they aint cheep. ( will prob spend around 200 a rim when i do do it. moneys tight now adays any good looking ones that you all like? just link and ill get back to ya. )

i LOVE the look of the attached rim but thats on mydream trans am and i doubt it will look that good on my truck ( prob expensive tooo)

post-21019-027761700 1329828893_thumb.jpg

as you can see they are horrible. and need to be cleaned but that's besides the point lol.

the center cap was BRAND NEW last year when i bought them for a ridiculous price. and the fake chrome pealed off. so needless to say i want a new rim without a center cap.

any thoughts be helpful.

what is plastidip? never heard of it... time for google. lol.

post-21019-000314900 1329832534_thumb.jpg

post-21019-093168900 1329832543_thumb.jpg

Plastidip is a rubber coating in a spray can alot of members are putting on there rims, and other parts. It goes on easy, sticks, and when you want it off, it comes off easier than what you would think. Would look better than they do now, not to put your wheels down.

haha you don't have to put my wheels down. i know they look like crap. im sure when they were new they looked good.

what are the odds you all know the bolt pattern and offset for the SS? ( i havnt goggled it yet.). maybe ill look up on tire-rack this afternoon and see whats out there.

Turtle wax chrome polish works wonders. It goes on easy and will remove any rust that is starting, and all type of road grim and brake dust. It will help fill in the pitting and make the rim look alot better. Advance auto parts sells it. Its a green plastic bottle.

haha you don't have to put my wheels down. i know they look like crap. im sure when they were new they looked good.

what are the odds you all know the bolt pattern and offset for the SS? ( i havnt goggled it yet.). maybe ill look up on tire-rack this afternoon and see whats out there.

6x139

turtle wax chrome polish sounds like a good plan for the time being. i wouldn't imagine its all that pricey. once i get them looking OK ill use that plastidip to keep them looking almost not shitty looking until i sell my truck for my trans am or buy new rims.

i noticed most of the sale rims on tire rack are butt still look butt ugly. and all the nice ones are WAY expensive. just looking for something not going to break my bank but still look good im open to anything just not butt ugly lol. something clean, 5 or 6 spokes. i had ( http://www.daleearnhardtjrwheels.com/catalog.php?cat_id=160&scat_id=106 ) on my camaro and LOVED them.