Cam Install. Any Other Parts I Should Get.

and the OBX design is now the new dynatech design w/o the drivers side hump mess...I say get the complete set, can bolt to stock cat back or an after market one. I am runnning my OBX with the stock cat back four sound, the corsa sport was LOUD!

I agree with brad and might add steam ports to the rear of the head. Will help with the 'honest' number 7 if your tuning is pusing it or not experenced or you are tuning WOT... been reaidn about some LS build failures that used stock parts and how #7 when heated can make the rings not happy.

Kurt Urban posts on Yellowbullet and there are some other guys who have alot of experence with the LS motors...good reading.

I looked at the OBX's. Not to crazy about the cats although i could gut them. Im not worried about the welding and fabing up collector connections, mid piping as i have a welder at my work. Nothing some $20 V-bands flanges cant fix. The way I see it is if im spending $600 ish on the obx's way not pony up another $200 for Dynatech's.

Because they are Dynatechs first design. Never have seen the point of spending the money on Dynatechs when OBX's are just the same. The only difference is on the driver side one of the primaries make a loop and on the Dynatechs they dont. Thats honestly the only major difference in the two. They are both stainless, same primaries, same collectors. Except OBX doesnt offer converters like Dynatech does.

the obx headers have fake cats not real ones, or at least that was only option back in the day when i ordered them......

Yes, they look like cats but are hollow resonators at best

Because they are Dynatechs first design. Never have seen the point of spending the money on Dynatechs when OBX's are just the same. The only difference is on the driver side one of the primaries make a loop and on the Dynatechs they dont. Thats honestly the only major difference in the two. They are both stainless, same primaries, same collectors. Except OBX doesnt offer converters like Dynatech does.

Yes, they look like cats but are hollow resonators at best

Ok ill try to spring for a set of the obx's. If its a dynatech knock off and the cats are hollow ill give them a shot. I'll also look into the steam ports as well.

Ok ill try to spring for a set of the obx's. If its a dynatech knock off and the cats are hollow ill give them a shot. I'll also look into the steam ports as well.

lol, they arent knock offs. They are Dynatechs first design and OBX bought that design

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got a great deal on a Circle-D 4c 245 multi disc 36-3700 stall. I couldn't pass is up. I got my transgo hd2 kit and I'm ordering servos tonite. Still have not got the cam specs yet, but Ed said they would be along the lines of the TV2 but with Lunati endurance lobes. I'm thinking it will be a low 230 duration style cam like Flow techs streetsweeper ht cam . I should be able to order the OBX'S Friday

Will do. I have ran it bone stock got a 14.9. The slip is at work not sure on the mph. I did find a Dyno in Auburn, MA that can fit my awd SSS. They use the dynapack's I'm gonna try to get a before but i will def get a post Dyno. I will be hitting New England dragway hard this year

Those spec's really make me want to wait to install every thing until i can afford some worked 243's/799 now. FTI's tiger shark grinds seem to do very well with the GTO crowd. searching the dyno threads on ls2gto.com is turning up some good results

That is a pretty nice cam! Should perform well with that converter also.

BTW if you do install a new oil pump make sure you replace the o-ring from the pick up tube. Use the red one from the GM dealer

GM Oil Pick-Up Tube O-Ring (2nd Design)

RED SEAL

Specifics:

* Oil Pick-Up Tube O-Ring ea.

* Chevy/GMC Pick-Up (1999-2000 LS V8 engines with 2nd design pick-up tube)

* Trailblazer (2003-2008 With LS V8 engine)

* Hummer H2 (2003-2008)

* Hummer H3 (2008 With LS V8 engine)

* Chevy/GMC Pick-Up (2001-2008 LS V8 engines)

* W- Body (2006-2008 With LS V8 engine - Impala, Lacrosse, Grand Prix)

* Thickness = 4.20mm (0.165")

ID = 20.69mm (0.815")

Would also be a good time to replace the t-stat with a 160* unit.

What works well in a car probably doesn't work well in a truck. And dyno numbers don't tell the whole story, 504rwhp in my truck sounds great right, but with out the 4500 stall a stock truck would 60 foot faster. Same as a 1000 hp turbo import that runs 12's.....

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

Yeah I get the whole power to weight ratio, and that our trucks are pigs but a motor is a motor. Obviously a rwd car with the same motor will be faster than a awd truck with the same mods. That still doesn't imply that the same motor will not work well in a truck.

But from what I have been reading the street manners of the cam seem to get great feed back.