Small Upgrades Worth The $$

SSStreetracer04

Hey guys, I looking for some more small power gains out there I already have exhaust airintake and tune and i dont want to break the bank with headers quite honestly. I was looking at two things, a MAF and a throttle body spacer. ive seen a few prices on each and theyre not too bad i was just wondering for anybody out there with either of these things if you actually saw gains in your trucks and if you think its worth it? thanks

Hey guys, I looking for some more small power gains out there I already have exhaust airintake and tune and i dont want to break the bank with headers quite honestly. I was looking at two things, a MAF and a throttle body spacer. ive seen a few prices on each and theyre not too bad i was just wondering for anybody out there with either of these things if you actually saw gains in your trucks and if you think its worth it? thanks

Everything I have read says that both MAF and Throttle body spacers are a waste of money

How Much money are you talking about spending??

i guess ill save for a blower my trucks pimped haha i got hid's, billet grill, red bowtie, all around tint, rims, custom interior led's, pioneer head unit, amp, kicker subs...appearance wise its pretty much done

I would start with full bolt ons, and tranny upgrade, before I would get a blower.

IMO,porting the tb and having it retuned is one of the BEST bang for the buck mods you can perform,on my truck,it increased throttle response a ton with a nice mid range gain.Cost around $75-$125,depending if you send it core or what. I actually have a nice ported stock TB for $80 shipped if youre interested.

You can buy the China headers on ebay and thru a few vendors for $350-$450.Thats for nice SS headers with a Y pipe.Fitiment is pretty good.Theyre rip offs of major brands.Just make sure you get longtubes.Or you can buy the mild steel pacesetters for $400ish w/ Y pipe.No need to have to spend $1000+ to get quality.I prefer SS and run the LPP's on my 408.Cost was around $350.

ARH headers with 3 inch collectors or go home. The Dynatech OBX or Supermaxx system is good (2.5 collectors) from what I have read in previous threads.

edit-Pacesetters have the 3 inch collector also

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)