New Member From Sweden

Mats

Hi,

Got home yesterday night with the SS truckbiggrin.gif

Here are some really bad pics from when I got home, will come back with better pics later.

Again thanks for all the warm welcomes to the site.

Mats

post-23905-027456600 1330666159_thumb.jpg

post-23905-088503600 1330666171_thumb.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's awesome, welcome to the site. I've always wanted to move to england and bring the SS over with me haha, Sounds like your vehicle import laws are a lot more slack than it is here in Canada.

The import laws has actually been getting better, there are several companys dealing with helping people to import cars and trucks or do the complete import for them. The only problem is the cost, shipping, tax, registration fees and so onmad.gif

How do you find parts for it over there? haha I can imagine how much of a headache it might be.

Some parts are avaliable at special US parts stores but the prices use to be about the double compared to US prices. The option is to order direct from US, it is often the cheaper way.

Welcome to the site!!

How are gas prices overthere???

Gasprices are horrible, we pay around SEK15.00 for a liter which is like $9.00 for a gallon.

A couple more pics fromyesterday with the SS beside my old 91 Silverado. I noticed the truck ismissing the SS emblem on the right side door so I will need a new emblem.

post-23905-027811400 1330841161_thumb.jpg

post-23905-063503000 1330841171_thumb.jpg

Holy crap, 9.00 a gallon!!! We all bitch about 4-5 dollars a gallon. Truck looks really nice. I'd swap the fog lights to behind the brake ducts.

Yes, gas prices really sucks over here.

I totally agree with you about the lights, already been thinking about the swap you are suggesting. Do you know if there is a thread about that on here, maybe there could be some tips on where to attach brakets and such. The lights are actually extra high beam lights, when I turn on the high beam the extra lights go on automatically.

Thanks, Mats

That doesn't look bad at all. If you painted the honeycomb black, it would look even better. Probably would not see them at all if you got a billet grille.

Thanks eeekroar,

I like to keep it as original looking as possible. Of course, the easiest way would be to just get rid of the spot lights but they are really improving visibility when driving at night. What do you think about some kind of black out tint for lenses? Would it work?

Thanks eeekroar,

I like to keep it as original looking as possible. Of course, the easiest way would be to just get rid of the spot lights but they are really improving visibility when driving at night. What do you think about some kind of black out tint for lenses? Would it work?

For the headlights and park lights? I have mine 3M tinted, looks great and BARELY reduced light output as it is a one way tint kinda similar to window tint in a way. I also have the cornets painted with VHT night shade (spray tint) originally to hide the amber reflectors, the tint went over top of it, that's why the corners look so dark.

384882_10151162519155176_846990175_22754740_816968981_n.jpg

Edited by ThatTallCanadian (see edit history)

For the headlights and park lights? I have mine 3M tinted, looks great and BARELY reduced light output as it is a one way tint kinda similar to window tint in a way. I also have the cornets painted with VHT night shade (spray tint) originally to hide the amber reflectors, the tint went over top of it, that's why the corners look so dark. '

384882_10151162519155176_846990175_22754740_816968981_n.jpg

That looks great. Will try to find that 3M stuff or similar. The spray tint would maybe not adhere so good to the hard glass surface. The shade of tint you have on the headlights and parklights would make the spotlights almost invisible behind the grille but hopefully still help visibility a little bit.

Thanks for the info and pic.

Mats

Fog lights behind the brake ducts or even bumper grill would help a bit, but not terribly as the ducts will cut off a lot of the angle. If you're looking for more visibility at night, you can always look into doing the 4HI mod. There's a post on it in the how to section, only costs like a buck and 5 mins to do.