I'M Trying To Figure Out What This Is

gmJake

ac_4.JPG

A 2 year project of buying a box of money and fixing it still frustrates me. I found this pic that i believe was a modification by the 2nd owner. This is different from the pics i have of the original build and what it is now.

I can't figure out what the manifold and tubing in front of the throttle body would be for.

ac_4.JPG

A 2 year project of buying a box of money and fixing it still frustrates me. I found this pic that i believe was a modification by the 2nd owner. This is different from the pics i have of the original build and what it is now.

I can't figure out what the manifold and tubing in front of the throttle body would be for.

you mean the nitrous lines and silinoids ??

Jake those are nitrous and fuel solenoids into a nozzle. I can also see a purge solenoid and the hard line running downward. Looks like he had a wet nitrous setup as its after the MAF sensor. Pre MAF would be dry as the MAF controls the fuel.

Also, they talk of the MAF (mass airflow sensor). This sensor determines the density and air flow coming into the engine to determine the timing and fuel delivery. Usually on forced induction this sensor can only read so much after a certain RPM then it essentially guess's. This obviously is not a good situation. So you delete this sensor and rely on the set tune to determine engine managment which is called (speed density). As I mentioned this is the best way to go but the tune will need to be adjusted manually according to outside conditions, (outside air temp, DA, ect)

Most likely if he was still running a MAF he wasnt producing that much boost.

• 3 weeks later...