One more question for you SS owners....

shadowmaker

Nope. I have a BedRug in the back, so I can toss stuff back there without fear of scratches. I have also found the SS to be capable on dirt roads. I think the biggest limitation it has is ground clearance....

I also have a BedRug... perfectly for sleeping on during campouts because of the padding. What camper do you have? Looks perfect on your SS.

I just went through this decision two weeks ago, and I'd have to say the SS was the right choice. I went from an '97 S-10 4x4 i had in college and the ground clearance isn't much worse(might even be better), and I used it for hunting and skiing. I do plan to add a bedliner for light use around the house and yard. The only thing i'm not sure about is if you might need mud flaps if you drive gravel roads alot, i'd hate to chew the paint up around the tires, maybe someone else knows more, i've only had my truck for a week.

Plus, AWD extends tire life, w/o it i don't think my tires would last more than a few months :)

As an added bonus i work with two college buddies who bought a chevy Z71 and Dodge Ram 1500 and i can't keep'em away from my SS, they just drool over it!

Shaun

Buy the SS by all means. I went from a '90 Toyota 4x4 (built up for off road). to the SS and I love my SS!

{by the way, I kept the Toyota for the real off road stuff} but the SS usually runs through the snow in the winter.

Archived