Wondering Who May Have Looked Into This?

What mild-wild engine swaps have people been able to do, without diving so deep into it?

Like swapping out a 4.8L for a 6.0L, or a 6.0L for the 6.2L, what are the differences between the 4.8, 5.3, & 6.0L vs. the 6.2L.

I bring this up because a guy at work asked me if you could swap out the 5.3L for the 5.3L LS327 crate motor, I said why not, then he wondered about the 6.2L.

Has anyone attempted this?

Well I want to put a hot cam 6.2 in my truck. I'm sure there are things that will have to be changed around a little. Buy it's all what your plans are and what you want. It's all about how much money you want to spend to. I really don't want to go the supercharger route.

See my friend wants to go nuts on a budget (get away with as much as he can before the wife knows) He's not a engine builder, so a awesome LSX is out. he wants a 6.2L with a TVS2300 in his 07 Classic. but he wants to know if he needs a new trans and rearend and stuff, I'm thinking no, but I'm probably wrong. lol

I know the 4.8, 5.3, & 6.0L are the same in interchangeability, but is the 6.2L?

In an 07' classic his limitation on a budget is going to be limiting himself to a motor with a 24x reluctor as for crate engines. The 5.3L and 5.3L LS327 by the way is no real gain. If you look at the spec's it is just a newer 5.3L (which is a 325 but called a 327 for advertising reasons). The 6.2L is interchangeable if you know what you're doing. It has a 58x crank reluctor and 4x cam gear which is an issue if you aren't familier with that stuff. You've came to the right place though for advice. Big power in bolt in style is what these trucks do best. What is the budget he's talking about or are we just talking break room pipe dreams? What model is this 07' Classic?

He thinking of about $5,000 for the motor in the truck done. he has that kinda money, but the wife is telling him to quit spending money on that "old truck" and get a new one, he like GMT800 body style, so he doesn't wanna get rid of it ya know.

He has a 07 Z71 Crew Cab, 5.3L LT2 package. Yeah I know the 5.3L is a 325 cubic inch motor, they call it that because it boasts 327 hp, stock claims 295 hp I believe ($3,200 for a mild cam and teflon coated pistons or whatever they are).

His truck is hitting the 140,000 mi mark (he drives this thing all over the country) and he wants more power and low miles again.

The Trans is a brand new FLT level 6, and both diffs and transfer case have been gone thru and rebuilt. (he anal, if it has over 150,000 mi, he says it HAS to be replaced, whatever right?:jerk: ) Last thing he wants is the motor, he wants more power and no forced induction. so I told him the 6.0L should just bolt in and maybe a computer swap. Then he sees the 6.0L at 345hp, and the 6.2L at 403hp. he's in love with the 6.2L idea. To which I told him there's gonna be more involved in that then the 6.0L...

I figured I'd come here, because you guys do some really, really, crazy LS engine swaps.:cheers:

Edited by Bad Company (see edit history)

As far as I know the 6.0 route would be easier. The 6.2 is gonna be a little more complicated. As zippy was saying. I'm looking into the 6.2l myself because I don't want a blown engine and I want a engine with alot of power and no miles not a rebuild. I will save the where I can but just the 6.2 I

Looking at is 7,600$ that's brand new 0 miles. I will def have to do some tranny work or maybe get a new built 4l80. I'm sure it will mate up. My truck is a daily driver too. But I don't drive but 15 or so miles a day.