Cowl Induction Hood

I'm installing a Reflexxion {#700600} cowl induction hood on my 2003 Silverado SS. Does it defeat the purpose to reinstall the oem or an aftermarket under-hood insulator?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

The insulator is also used for fire supression. Thats what its main purpose if for, if you were to have a engine fire, its meant to drop down and help smother the fire.

I did not realize that. I think it would be cool have a insulator with the SS logo in it. 2BFAST had mirrors in his that looked awesome. Just a couple ideas.

I did not realize that. I think it would be cool have a insulator with the SS logo in it. 2BFAST had mirrors in his that looked awesome. Just a couple ideas.

You can get a stencil and use paint pens to make the SS logo. Alot of the corvette guys do this for there hood insulator.

That is a good idea. Thanks!

Sure, Just make sure when you use the paint pens you will have to go over it a few times as the insulator will soak up the Paint like crazy. Make sure it is absolutly dry.