Ss Front Bumper Install W/ Factory Fog Lights

littlets10

ok, to clear up alot of concerns about installing a SS front bumper on a reg silverado.

the SS bumper fit over my stock bumper, the only piece i removed was the lower valance. the stock holes in the bumper cover did not line up so we just put trim screws in the top and attached it to the upper trim piece on my stock bumper. for the fog lights they bolted in the stock place we just had to trim the back side of the vents.

1. you do not need all the brackets

2. it fits right over the stock bumper.

3.the factory fog lights will fit AFTER you trim the brake vents.

This was today with the new hood and SS bumper installed.

post-23959-072129400 1331614479_thumb.jpg

post-23959-072614800 1331614525_thumb.jpg

i got my grill back today and dropped the rear 2 ". Also bought a leer bed cover for 200 bucks and had it sprayed.

Looks good, but now with that chrome all blacked out in the front you need to get your door handles painted black, remove the side steps, and take off the stick on panels on the doors! Lol.

• 1 year later...

You have to make some brackets(out of steel) to mount the fogs behind the ducts or trim some of the duct to mount to the original mounting brackets. It's easy and cost me about 5bucks to make the brackets

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/74783-what-more-do-i-need-fog/?hl=xxssmaniacxx&do=findComment&comment=827714

Edited by xxssmaniacxx (see edit history)

• 10 months later...