When Are They Going To Bring Back The Ss Silverado ?

I have a 05 silverado 5.3 with basic mods and recently bought my wife a 2012 camaro v6. I relize I need an upgrade now. The little v6 is stock 323hp. My truck has a hard time even keepn up let alone get traction. I love the sh!+ out of my truck. I've even entered into car shows but I think I need to trade her in. I want a silverado SS but all I can find is older 1s. The new trailblazer is nice and I see they are putting 5.3l in colorados but I really just want 1 of those new zl1 motors and suspension shoved off in a SILVERADO SS. Any feed back is greatly appreciated.

Here's a vid of my truck gettn tuned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUm4_E-DhGY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

907blownss

This is the first I've heard of them shuttn down the SS program. Are they developing a better program?? Or are they giving up on competition. Can we find a link to GM developement department to voice our opinion. If there is DEMAND there should be supply

I seen some1 offers a 427 package but that's $33k on top of the $33k you would pay for a new silverado. Kinda hard to trade my truck in on a new silverado when I know I'll have to put $30k more into it just to get what I want. Let alone the financing. I could finance new truck no problem but how could I finance a 427 package.I don't think 427 package has good enough suspension to put power to the ground either.

Edited by Kevosilverado (see edit history)

That's fast lane, they do good work but I couldn't justify spending 60k on a truck either. You can give them any nnbs I believe, so if you could pick up one for 15-20 mileage shouldn't matter since all of that is getting replaced anyways. Or just pick up a decent used one with either a 5.3 or a used vmax with a 6.0 and supercharge it, do some suspension and tranny work and bam nice 12 sec truck.

I'm still lookn 4 link to silverado ss dept. it ain't gunna hurt to ask. Maybe if they get enough responses they will relize there's a huge market for SSs now that ford/dodge are finally coming out with hp to match Chevy. I mean c'mon the new hemi ram and f150 have all kinds of upgrades to smoke a new silverado. Me personally that gets under my skin.

Well they had the new vortec max and more recently the new 6.2 with a 6 speed is a hell of a truck with over 400hp stock, just cause they got rid of the "SS" name doesn't mean they aren't making some stout trucks, a few bolt ons and a good tune on a new 6.2 and it'll run mid 13's all day

GM did not shut down the "SS department" because there is no such thing. GM shut down the GM Performance Devision but the SSS did not go through GM Performance.

I really dont see GM bringing back the SSS, as much as I would like to see it, I dont think its going to happen. IF GM does I can see them just making a Chevrolet Denali using the same engine and 2WD or AWD setup, with a little different look than the stock Silverado. Now that GM offers the 6.2 in a regualr silverado and sierra you can just get a SSS seem much less likely. I just hope they start offering the 6.2 in more options and make it more avalible. Right now its hard to find

:withstupid:

GM axed their Performance Division back close to when Pontiac was axed & the economy was falling down flat on it's face. :closedeyes:

Maybe GM will introduce a NEW SSS when the world is back up & running (financially), for the 99% anyways...?? :fingersx: