When Are They Going To Bring Back The Ss Silverado ?

I lookd up the new custom sport and yes it's just a bunch of trim and chrome. Available 5.3 not the 6.2 and they don't give you much choice after that. I remember we used to be able to choose from different rear ends and all kinds of stuff. That's another thing what happend to ordering your own customized silverado so your truck wouldn't be the same as every1 else's

STUPID!!

Those are ALL the same features we already get down here in the south/central US.

It's badged the TX or OK Edition. :happysad:

This new "CST Package" should have the 6.2L, bucket seats, BOSE, & leather seats added to the mix AT LEAST!!

Heck, I noticed just the other day you can only get sunroofs on SLT/LTZ or Denali crew cabs now!!! Used to be an option on ext'd cab AND crew cab no matter what trim level you wanted.

CRAZY GM. :idiot:

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)

I was on GMC.com just yesterday building me a 2012 Crew.

It lets you pick through a few things, but sometimes it will DELETE an option if you choose some packages too. I figured it must be a wiring harness "issue" on what I was selecting...?

I would think chevrolet.com would let you do the same thing though?? :dunno:

GM did not shut down the "SS department" because there is no such thing. GM shut down the GM Performance Devision but the SSS did not go through GM Performance.

This is what I heard, I worded wrong.lol

So what's the best bang for the $$$ on that o5 5.3l??

I know every1 has the 6.0l and it produces a lot more power but maybe I'll get lucky.

I'm on a budget so please let's be realistic.

Ive heard of this infamous trailblazer intake will swap out. Any1 else hear anything about that?

I know I need the long tube headers but still tryn to figure out how to pass emisions and it could get expensive quick with y-pipe/x-pipe/EXHAUST. If any1 can help me with that.

I already got the Cai with matchn tb spacer, custom straight duals dumped b4 axel with 12" cherry bombs/ had 3-4 different tunes (runn hp)/ 160 degree tstat / and I already pay more than $4 a gallon for 93 octane.

Should've just forked over the extra $10k and got the SS. I would have awd and so much more potential.

Nitrous is the best bang for your buck, the real weak link in these year silverados is the transmission and the rear end the motor can take pretty much whatever you throw at it to a point. But long before u take out the motor you'll most likely lose the tranny

Trans feels pretty good I played with it a lot when I had the diablo. Shift pressure / shift points mph and rpm / faster slower shift/ but no matter what tune or program it still wants to fall on its face when it shifts into 2. Its like the Trans needs another gear in between 1-2. Shifts into 2 great no problem just don't have the go. I'll shift out of 1 at 5900 rpm and when it hits 2 the rpms will drop all the way back down to like 1800-2200. I don't know how to explain it. Maybe it shifts to fast not lettn the engine catch back up I dunno.

Edited by Kevosilverado (see edit history)

A good size stall will help that and if you want performance get a custom tune by one of the vendors here, Wheatley, blackbear, zippy etc much better than a handheld programmer. These transmissions are alright for stock or near stock trucks but anything past that and they will fail miserably most of the time. I managed to get 100k out of mine and it started slipping and hesitating, I went with a built 4l65e from FLT, great purchase, especially since i'm going forced induction very soon.