Black Supercharged Sss

Any of you in the lake in the hills suburb of IL? Homeowner told me there was a supercharged black SSS down the block from his house where I'm workin this year. Got a black bowtie up front outlined in red, fiberglass tonneu cover looks like a speedster had a small lip on it. Says Gear M' Up on the front. If this is any of you guys let me know!!! I'll be out in the area for a few months.

I'm a roofing and siding contractor, we've been in Lake in The Hills since last April working on homes. There was quite a bit of work left so we went back this year to finish up. Why you near the area?

I maybe should have knocked on this guys door to see if he was even a member here, from what the neighbors told me that truck is a beast!

We are local construction...... Our office is in Schaumburg, we service a pretty large area, some of our guys were in Peoria last year, my first year I worked out of Streamwood and Bartlett, last year I was all over man. Mt. Prospect, Des. Plaines, Arlington Heights, Algonquin. I love the pay, but hate the mileage I put on the poor SSS. I figure after I'm married this fall I'm putting a down payment on a new truck so I don't have to use the SSS...

Sounds like you may have found Jeff Bullock's (Gear M Up) truck.

Jeff passed away in January 2005 from a heart attack at only 35 years old

I thought the truck had been sold to a close friend after his death. A friend named Darrell possibly.

Jeff was one of the pioneers in improving the performance of these trucks.

He was very helpful and friendly to all members here, plus a great sense of humor.

I believe it had a 427 C5R engine in it when he passed away.

I searched for the dyno vid but can't seem to find it.

I hope some of the older members will chime in with better details.

It would be great if you can talk to the owner and find out if is Jeff's truck and give us an update.

Edited by hot rod truck (see edit history)

I'm going to try and see if I can talk to the owner today. Maybe he will be ok with us lining up the trucks and snapping a few pics. I read about Jeff a few weeks back from a link in the thread about Paul. Both sounded like great guys I never got the chance to meet or speak with either. R.I.P. guys and thanks for everything you did here.

Sounds like you may have found Jeff Bullock's (Gear M Up) truck.

Jeff passed away in January 2005 from a heart attack at only 35 years old

I thought the truck had been sold to a close friend after his death. A friend named Darrell possibly.

Jeff was one of the pioneers in improving the performance of these trucks.

He was very helpful and friendly to all members here, plus a great sense of humor.

I believe it had a 427 C5R engine in it when he passed away.

I searched for the dyno vid but can't seem to find it.

I hope some of the older members will chime in with better details.

It would be great if you can talk to the owner and find out if is Jeff's truck and give us an update.

Unfortunately i never new the man, i has just joined a few weeks before he passed.The minute he said gear m up i remembered the truck and if memory serves me right his best friend bought his truck but i dont remember the exact reason why.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Edited by kissfans03ss (see edit history)