Transmission Flush?

diggerdan11

So I have 85K on my truck, and I really want the transmission to last as long as possible.

When should I do a Transmission flush? Should I even do one?

I have read conflicting reports that a Transmission Flush is good for your tranny, and very important. And some reports that say it can actually harm your Tranny.

What do you guys think?

As long as you have no issues with the transmission right now i'd personally rec the BG trans flush because its a good product and also they warranty anything if something fails. Also i have read it back and forth but ive had really good luck with all the BG stuff

I have seen it go both ways, I was a fleet manager for almost 10 years, it could be good or bad.......are you the original owner of the truck? If no, do you know the history of that truck/trans? These are some questions to ask yourself when making the decision.....

I have seen it go both ways, I was a fleet manager for almost 10 years, it could be good or bad.......are you the original owner of the truck? If no, do you know the history of that truck/trans? These are some questions to ask yourself when making the decision.....

No im not the original owner but it had less than 10k when i bought it, so its been all me for 75K miles of its life. I have never done anything with the Tranny and the fluid is nice a red like it should be

I recently hit 85k as well. Started looking around as you are doing to see if flushing is a good idea. I found yes it is and by your maintenance book tranny fluid should be changed every 50k. As easy as it is I had the dealer do it just so I know I won't mess something up. Felt good after doing it but maybe it was piece of mind more than anything. I would recommend it. Dealer also said I had a 10 micron filter and it should never need to be changed. Hope this helps. :pepsicheer:

BTW. I think transmission fluid has detergents in it. So more than likely it will still look good. Not sure on that one.

Edited by cb2big4u (see edit history)

It is generally accepted that the safest method to service the trans in our trucks is just doing a fluid exchange and filter change. Its not work the risk running the cleaner through the trans, specially with that many miles. Be safe rather than sorry bro