2000 Silvy Project

GetWithIt

Managed to get the drop spindles/shackles/hangers on my 2000 Silvy project....Still have another adjustment left for the rear springs, so I might go ahead and raise them another hole to drop the back even more..It's definitely not my SS, but I'm having fun fixing it up...Just put some new windows in it last week, and am on the search for a center console for the interior...Eventually going to shave the stake pockets..debadge/demold and put in a roll pan. Was contemplating putting a Intimidator wing on the tailgate as well...Click on image for bigger pic.....

post-8042-024547100 1332082056_thumb.jpg

Edited by GetWithIt (see edit history)

I think the front is actually a bit too low. The rear looks good. Lower is only great if you can still drive it around without the tires rubbing and the truck bottoming out easily. I would however get rid of the huge tires. It looks like you have the 275/55R20's on it. If you go to a 275/40 or 275/45 it will match the lowered look so much better and perform better overall. That truck looks great though. Paint is very clean, love the color, wheels are sharp, etc. That will make for a great truck on a budget.

sweet! edd you should looks on craigslist theres one in town for 150 i think. also wheels are nice/rare

On the Wichita CL..?..I'm going to have to check that out.. :cheers: .Going back over to my friends shop tomorrow to drop the back a little more..Should look just about right IMO....I bought those wheels/tires from some old man that had him on his Silverado...He was moving out into the country, so he had some regular wheels put on his truck because he didn't want these getting all messed up from the gravel...So, I scooped them up and later found out that they were GM Accessory Wheels that cost over $480 each.. :noway: Thanks for the heads up on the spoiler..Hopefully it's still on there....

I think the front is actually a bit too low. The rear looks good. Lower is only great if you can still drive it around without the tires rubbing and the truck bottoming out easily. I would however get rid of the huge tires. It looks like you have the 275/55R20's on it. If you go to a 275/40 or 275/45 it will match the lowered look so much better and perform better overall. That truck looks great though. Paint is very clean, love the color, wheels are sharp, etc. That will make for a great truck on a budget.

Yeah, I agree about the tire size Zippy..... when it gets time to replace tires, I'm going with a 40 or 45 series....These tires are like brand new, so I figured I would run them until I get money saved back for new tires and other things...I would sell them and use the money to put towards another set of tires, but around here that could take quite a while to actually find a buyer, and by then the tires would be worn down..lol........Surprisingly, I have no issues with rubbing in the front. I've driven it all over town like I normally do, and it has done fine so far. I think once the back gets dropped another inch, it will make it look alot better.

I had the 275 55 on my wheels I hated it

Yeah, I'm just glad to finally be getting some work done on it. Ever since selling my SS, I've always wanted another "SportTruck", so I picked this up for pretty cheap and wanted to give it a "factory sport-truck look"...I have been putting money into it off and on over the last few months, and it has come a long ways since I brought it home... Down the road I'm going to go with some simple 22's and appropriate tires, but for now it works for me and I'm happy with it.

Edited by GetWithIt (see edit history)

I love those rimsthumb.gif, dont think ive ever seen a set like those before.......if you ever wanna sell them let me know!.....and i run 275/45's on my truck with a 3/4 drop and the ride quality is still great and no clearance issues

I love those rimsthumb.gif, dont think ive ever seen a set like those before.......if you ever wanna sell them let me know!.....and i run 275/45's on my truck with a 3/4 drop and the ride quality is still great and no clearance issues

Cool....Thanks for the info. I'd really love to find a set of the newer 22'' factory chevy wheels that came out recently...If I ever decide to sell these, I'll give you a shout.... :thumbs:

Took the truck back over to my friends shop tonight...Had the rear dropped a little more..Has the perfect stance for me now. Need to save up for some other things, and hopefully next year get the body mods/ new paint...

post-8042-035566000 1332204310_thumb.jpg

post-8042-062787800 1332204295_thumb.jpg

i like that color whats wrong with the paint?

I'm keeping it the same color, but the bed has some hail damage and with the other mods I want done, the truck will have to be repainted anyways.....