2006 Silverado Intimidator Ss

hvictor.crow

How do I find my production code.

There were 1,333 trucks scheduled to be built but only 933 DEI's hit the floors. There was a guy on here back in 2006 talking about how he can get a Certificate of Authenticity from GM, his email is no longer valid.

Can anyone help me?

Email me at : [email protected] If you want and thanx ahead of time.

I also called DEI corp. for the certificate but they were of no help.

so any info to get it would be greatly appreciated.

I would like to get a certificate of authenticity for my DEI also.

I'm the second owner and would love to have it since i have no plans of getting rid of my truck

It's near impossible. From all the info I've gathered, the only way you could obtain it is by contacting the original buyer. Assuming the original owner fully paid for it. Or they decided to preserve it... I pretty much got as far as you. I thought i lucked out by contacting the dealer it was sold to after the original owner traded it in but, to no avail.. There has to be someone that can issue one but, I think he resides in a safe house somewhere in Montana. GL with your search hopefully you find it.. They should imprint a piece of aluminum under the hood for the COA.. I'm surprised the owners manual is still with most used vehicles.

Certificate of Authenticity

Ok I have it on order. It will be here in 2 - 3 weeks.

Call Gm Customer Service 800 - 222 - 1020 Follow promps. (wich you probably wont get the right ones but that the lovely Automated System) Get a REAL person.

I Called: CHRIS 866 - 790 - 5700 xt: 22893

He didnt seem to want me to pass this number out to every one but I told him he helped me out. And we have ALL had nothing but troubles getting this info. So please don't through me under the bus when you call.

ONE more thing. THey can't give you the product code (the number of your truck). He gave me the Plant in wich the truck was made. Im calling them now. I'll let you know what I find out.

Thanx

Victor

Call Gm Customer Service 800 - 222 - 1020 Follow promps. (wich you probably wont get the right ones but that the lovely Automated System) Get a REAL person.

He didnt seem to want me to pass this number out to every one but I told him he helped me out. And we have ALL had nothing but troubles getting this info. So please don't through me under the bus when you call.

ONE more thing. THey can't give you the product code (the number of your truck). He gave me the Plant in wich the truck was made. Im calling them now. I'll let you know what I find out.

Thanx

Victor

Thanx

Victor

Well, what all info is on that special D/E ISS decal inside the left rear door jam? On the front endge of the ext'd cab door.

I know it is ONLY used on these rare trucks, & it starts off saying something about the "Name, signatures, images, etc are property of Dale Earnhardt Inc. Blaa, Blaa, Blaa". Do these decals not have some kind of serial # on them too?

Maybe someone here can take a pic of this decal I'm speaking of and post it up on here??

It shows to be GM PN#15782079. They also still show to have them out of the Lansing, Michigan parts plant. List is like $15 dollars...

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)

That sticker means nothing. I have the same one with the exact same number. DEI doesn't know anything about the trucks other than they approved GM to make them as long as DEI got their money for the Dale stuff added. The dealerships are idiots don't have a clue, some people didn't even know what a Intimidator Silverado was.

I've got the Certificate coming. The Cert.'s don't tell you the Production Number / Code though. You have to call GM give your VIN# and find out the Auto Plant in which is was built. There you will find what number it was when it rolled off the assembly line.

Well, what all info is on that special D/E ISS decal inside the left rear door jam? On the front endge of the ext'd cab door.

I know it is ONLY used on these rare trucks, & it starts off saying something about the "Name, signatures, images, etc are property of Dale Earnhardt Inc. Blaa, Blaa, Blaa". Do these decals not have some kind of serial # on them too?

Maybe someone here can take a pic of this decal I'm speaking of and post it up on here??

It shows to be GM PN#15782079. They also still show to have them out of the Lansing, Michigan parts plant. List is like $15 dollars...

That sticker means nothing. I have the same one with the exact same number. DEI doesn't know anything about the trucks other than they approved GM to make them as long as DEI got their money for the Dale stuff added. The dealerships are idiots don't have a clue, some people didn't even know what a Intimidator Silverado was.

So your saying there is NO code # at all on this special decal?

It's just a D/E Enterprise copywrite disclaimer??

Yep, I took a picture of it. Its funny they didn't put a number of any kind on their so called "Special Edition Trucks" THis is B.S.!!!

So your saying there is NO code # at all on this special decal?

It's just a D/E Enterprise copywrite disclaimer??

Sorry Im late emailing this to you. Im not really a computer guy. I had to compress the pick in order to send it to you. Here's the decal in the door jam. Let me know if you can see it.

I just can't read what's in the little grey boxes in the lower right. Also, that decal appears to be on the rear edage of the FRONT door jam, correct? I was always under the impression it was on the front edge of the left extended cab door.... :happy:

I just can't read what's in the little grey boxes in the lower right. Also, that decal appears to be on the rear edage of the FRONT door jam, correct? I was always under the impression it was on the front edge of the left extended cab door.... :happy:

You know someone real real close to you that owns one :) ...you are more tjan welcome to come look at it and my COA if you want

You know someone real real close to you that owns one :) ...you are more tjan welcome to come look at it and my COA if you want

Hahaha!! Brad ur too cool man. :thumbsup:

I wouldn't want to get you up & outta the house man, with your bad knee, cracked bone, & all. :cool:

I'll check it out when you get healed up, when I see you out in the yard or something I'll stop by.

Thanks..